Main Menu

Inspiration

Started by Scooterman, March 01, 2010, 06:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Working on this already....  -_-

It's the original idea for the Bv-138, the P111 and I'm indebted to Tophe for giving us the link to this piece of German madness.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dy031101

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on March 04, 2010, 01:52:38 PM
The Lippisch F-15 is really neat  :thumbsup:

You know- once I found out that Lippisch is contemplating what is essentially a coal-burning ramjet, I realize that I have to base a 3D modelling project on that.  :cheers:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

philp

These are from local shows.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

dy031101

Quote from: RotorheadTX on March 03, 2010, 06:25:53 PM
Four words...........

Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces

(I just scored a DML Uhu to approximate the Senryu. Muhahaha!)

I purchased Innocent Aces two days ago and have since used a tuned Senryu as an air-to-air plane (despite its lack of AA secondaries; a rapid-fire gun pod option would have worked wonders, but the "Special" variant that has it just can't be tuned to fly fast enough)......  ;D

I think the cockpit section is a bit more similar to those of the Ju-288/388 though.

====================

To-do list here

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: RotorheadTX on March 03, 2010, 06:25:53 PM
<...>

(I just scored a DML Uhu to approximate the Senryu. Muhahaha!)

Maybe this will help? Bigger version HERE.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

Good source of profile blanks there - anyone want to do some anime profiles???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

RotorheadTX

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 10, 2010, 10:44:04 AM

Yes, I already have all of those blueprints. Thank you!

I have a reference-source-book coming from Japan in the near future.
I am interested in making a "Fortune" as well as the Senryu.

dy031101

Speaking of games, here is another figment of imagination: Focke-Wulf Hellhound.

(Not to mention the Bloodhawk, which IMHO is a re-branded Hs P.75)

(Off topic...... but come to think of...... Crimson Skies planes v.s. Sky Cralwers planes?  Um......)

====================

To-do list here

tigercat2

Here is a Grumman Tiger (one of the F-104G competitors).

Wes W.

Mossie

Nice!  I did a Danish Tiger a while back, I like the idea of the F11F as an alternative to the F-104, much prettier in my opinion. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

tigercat2

From what I have read, the F11F Tiger was much better suited to what the Luftwaffe really wanted and needed, but Lockheed did a much better job in marketing.

Here is an A-4, another really good airplane that could have had a long service with the W. German AF, IMHO.

Wes W.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on March 14, 2010, 04:36:49 PM
Nice!  I did a Danish Tiger a while back, I like the idea of the F11F as an alternative to the F-104, much prettier in my opinion. :thumbsup:

You and me both Mossie, did a Aeronvale Tiger myself
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I remember Chris!  I knackered the Danish Tiger when I tried to strip it for a refurbishment, but I picked up another at Telford so it'll probably get

As was, the F11F was unreliable due to it's powerplant, although I think an Avon powered version or the F11F-1F would have been better than the Starfighter.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Maybe use a Draken wing instead?  The intakes on the two aircraft blend into the wing in a similar way.  The Draken wing is a trademark, I guess you could change it's shape to an ogee with some shaped plastic card?

I did the opposite a while back, put a Thunderchiefs wing on a Draken body to make it more conventional.  It worked reasonably well, in 2D at least.  I think you'd have more problems swapping the the wings in plastic, as the intakes are deeper in the Draken.
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,18032.45.html