Sd.Kfz.188 Kampfläufer 6 LäuferTiger 1/35

Started by Macal, March 01, 2010, 10:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macal

Quote from: philp on May 18, 2010, 02:06:55 PM
Been trying to think which Whiffie category this will end up in.  Sci-Fi? Armor? Diorama? Kitbash?  

Looking forward to the finished pieces.

It'll be a diorama, from the Dust universe :-) It's an alternate past story, a U.F.O. crashed in the late '30s and the Reich made a large technical development, started to build walkers, mega guns, etc. A little after, the Allied forced captured the technology and started to build their own vehicles, so the second world war didn't ended, and started a new cold war between the Axis (Germans and their Allies), the Allies (England, US, and the others) and the Chino-Soviet part of the world. And it's only the 50s :-)

More about the Fluff :
http://www.dust-game.com/en/

Shop:
http://www.dustgame.com/

And Thanks for the kind words :)

Swanny

That is truly awesome work there, I love the pulley work and the extra detail like the wood pieces and, and , and ..... words are simply failing to provide adequate measure of my appreciation.

Taiidantomcat

Dust rocks! I can not wait to see more  :thumbsup: Superb craftsmanship
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Macal

Hallo!

Had a very little time for modelling last month, so didn't made a much on the model, but finished a Hellcannon of Chaos for one of my friends :)
BTW, cannot stand to continue the crane, so decided to start the turret interior. Made some wiring, the workstation of the crane controller, some control panels... Still to do: a safety net behind the controllers seat, a little more wire, an electro motor for the front winch, and some extra equipment like gas mask box, pistol port and holder, lights, handrails...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Just realised it's almost like watching a real Tiger Turret being fabricated in the factory  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Macal

Thanks Guys! :-)

Worked a little today, made almost every welding on the turret, and continued the turret interior. Made the turret rotating pedals and turret rotating wheel (for manual operation), added more wires, and a huge accumulator for some extra energie  :ph34r:
I think I'll have to correct the weldings in some place...

Doc Yo

Quote from: philp on May 18, 2010, 02:06:55 PM
Been trying to think which Whiffie category this will end up in.  Sci-Fi? Armor? Diorama? Kitbash? 

Looking forward to the finished pieces.

its a Tiger. The correct answer is "anywhere it wants to..."

I was never happier that the threads on this site don't get pruned-that crane should be studied by anybody
thinking of attemtping one. Beautiful work, Macal!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2010, 01:33:36 AMAmazing work/quote]

Completely agree, but that doesn't even begin to cover it. Astonishing skills on show throughout this thread.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Macal

Today, I've made the towing cable, and its section on the back of the hull:

And made a drawing with the main sections of the Vehicle:

nev

It will almost be a shame to put paint on this because it will hide all that magnificent multi-coloured look which shows just how much of this is YOUR work, and not from the kit.  I say almost because I know the paint job will be superb.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

redram

Quote from: nev on August 14, 2010, 04:43:50 AM
It will almost be a shame to put paint on this because it will hide all that magnificent multi-coloured look which shows just how much of this is YOUR work, and not from the kit.
I can´t agree more! :thumbsup: