Hurricane at RAF North Weald

Started by Nick, March 04, 2010, 08:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Went to the Saturday market at my local ex-RAF base and nearly crashed when I spotted this newly installed gate guardian!
Just had to get out and have a closer look :wub:

kitnut617

Very nice, I went to North Weald when I returned to the UK for a family visit, Air-Britain has their annual Fly-In there and I attended the one back in 2001
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

It 56 SQN markings as well - Very cool! Wish they'd do something like that at Blackbushe, also known as RAF Hartford Bridge in WW2 But I don't think it was an operational base though.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Rat

North Weald used to have some good airshows, went to them in the late 50s early 60s. Oooh boy, am I ever dating myself!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Geez Rat, you must have hit rock bottom if you've stooped to dating yourself !

:wacko:

That is a beautiful gate guardian....that first pic with the stormclouds behind and the old tower is awesome....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?