Valiant

Started by Daryl J., March 04, 2010, 09:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on July 26, 2011, 06:40:00 PM
I presume that lots of people have the B Mk.2 low-level "pathfinder" version on their to-do lists?

No, I have the long spanned,  high altitude PR4 on my list.  :lol:

(Now there's a surprise.... ;))
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2011, 03:07:23 AM
I presume that lots of people have the B Mk.2 low-level "pathfinder" version on their to-do lists?

No, I have the long spanned,  high altitude PR4 on my list.  :lol:

(Now there's a surprise.... ;))

Gosh! How unexpected! But then of course anything  goes better with longer wings and Rolls Royce engines....
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

Yep, and the BMF prototype, if someone does a conversion for those fiddly intakes.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitnut617

I've got the Aircraft in Miniature 1/72 kit of that,  but I'm also trying to figure out how I can copy the undercarriage as they would work extremely well for my Vickers Type'C' Very Heavy Bomber project I'm planning.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Daryl J.

Saving for the kit.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Cheers, (amoxicillin and water thanks to an infected tooth)
Daryl J. 

pyro-manic

JoeP: If only!

I reckon an electronic warfare/recce machine. Lots of lumps, bumps and little aerials all over the place, an innocuous-yet-interesting colour scheme, maybe side-looking radar, that kind of thing? Or a late-in-life overall Hemp/Desert Pink Gulf War scheme, or even a 1990s Barley Grey version?

Or a socking great death ray turret in the nose.... :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

MAD

Quote from: GTX on July 23, 2011, 11:34:56 AM

Of course, an interesting whiff might also be to go the other way and have the Valiant equipped with a B-47 style canopy... ;)
[/quote]

I sometimes even listen to my own suggestions:

Higher res version available upon request if anyone wants to 'colour it in'.

Regards,

Greg
[/quote]

Very nice Greg!! :bow:
Now all we need is to see her in colour  ;)
I'm a little surprised that you have not drawn a VG-winged or VTOL variant  :lol:

M.A.D

rickshaw

Just spotted my first Valiant kits downunder at my LMS.  $Au81 a pop.  I think I'll wait a while.  Big boxes though.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

A VTOL variant would make a good joke - fill the bomb bay/centre fuselage with vertical lift engines, hang HUGE drop tanks under the wings to get the fuel capacity back, then add the payload: two 250lb bombs.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Well, they were nuts enough to propose it for the Vulcan, why not the Valiant??? :drink: :party: :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Rat on July 27, 2011, 05:26:45 AM

Yep, and the BMF prototype, if someone does a conversion for those fiddly intakes.

Decals included for the second prototype which is in NMF.

I had though about the B2 and converting the Mach Poo one but shelved the idea.  That may end up as a tanker in Gulf War markings though, but flying and fuelling something.

Bob, why not build the B-2 as an in flight one and nick the u/c for the Vickers bomber?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 28, 2011, 06:49:07 AM
Bob, why not build the B-2 as an in flight one and nick the u/c for the Vickers bomber?

That is a thought, but for the version I want to do I need four complete 4-wheel bogies plus the legs for the main u/c and one 4-wheel bogie for the front u/c.   Seeing this arrangement though, really does explain a lot of the models that appeared in Thunderbirds and Fireball XL5 doesn't it ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

pyro-manic

SAC and Heritage both do u/c sets for the Vulcan (and IIRC the Victor), so I'm sure that someone will come along with a set for the Valiant as well. And if someone does a conversion set for the B.2, then you might be able to just buy the u/c bits off them directly?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

Valiant B1 perhaps, the B2 has a completely revised u/c that retracts back into the trailing edge pod.  I had the AIM B-2 (now in the hands of General Melchet) and it's nothing like the B-1. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

The B-2's undercarriage retracts a bit like most Tupolevs, except I'm not sure that it inverts itself en route into the pods.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit