F-16 in digital camo

Started by Radish, March 04, 2010, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dy031101

Didn't realize someone else did give it a try:

I found it on this site.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Mossie

It's a photo-simulation for that company's camouflage products.  The Jordanians have been big on Hyperstealth digi-camo for their uniforms & armour, but AFAIK they haven't painted up any aircraft.  Looks very cool though!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rallymodeller

Hey now, gotta give credit where credit is due, here. The US DIGIPAT  and MARPAT camo is based on CADPAT, the Canadian camo scheme.

Cool beans, still. It really is amazing how well it works. Apparently it's even more effective when viewed through vision enhancement devices. The dyes used have varying IR absorption rates and are effective under thermal imaging as well.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: rallymodeller on June 14, 2011, 10:31:11 AM
Hey now, gotta give credit where credit is due, here. The US DIGIPAT  and MARPAT camo is based on CADPAT, the Canadian camo scheme.

This is true. 100 percent. As a Marine I give Canada full credit and thank them for their ingenuity.  :cheers:

However this is my favorite Canadian camo:

;D

Sweet F-16s too.  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

rallymodeller

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on June 14, 2011, 01:17:41 PM
Quote from: rallymodeller on June 14, 2011, 10:31:11 AM

This is true. 100 percent. As a Marine I give Canada full credit and thank them for their ingenuity.  :cheers:

However this is my favorite Canadian camo:

;D

Sweet F-16s too.  :thumbsup:

That would be sooooooo cool on a CF188 or F-35...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: rallymodeller on June 14, 2011, 07:12:23 PM
That would be sooooooo cool on a CF188 or F-35...

Well, go knock punch yourself out!  :thumbsup:

http://m2.sourcingmap.com/smapimg/en/catalog/maple-leaf-creative-paper-craft-shaper-punch-yellow-31464c.jpg

This is even one of the simpler designs. There are actually punches with better-detailed maple leafs.
Tamiya tape on some overhead projector transparency and punch out masks. Plain paper might work as well (and reduce stickiness of the tape).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?