Junkers Ju 314E "Tornado"

Started by Slerski, March 05, 2010, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slerski

Groß, schnell und lärmend... Das ist Tornado !! (Big, fast and noisy... the "Tornado" !! (No... It's not the Panavia Tornado  ;D))
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Tophe

I got this. Is this the one you were referring to?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Slerski

It's not this one. Ar 380 is the Reichluftfahrtministerium designation, but this project use the Entwurf-Nummer 599 (more precisely it's Arado E.599/VI)

Tophe

Sorry, I am not used to this part of the forum, are you seriously speaking of a true project? or joking daydreaming of some possible project?
(I found no Ar 380 nor Ar E599 in my Putnam book, no Ar E599 on Luft46 site...)
A friend here invented the Fw-380 (RLM code for the Fw-190Z Zwilling) ;D what would be the aspect of the Ar-380? twin-boom or/and asymmetric I hope... :lol:

Slerski

Hum... For this Projekt, I think that some friends of mine will ask to the Queen my decapitation on Picadilly Circus.

Arado E.599 isn't a true project. It was born in my complex mind. And I'm sorry for you, but no twin-boom and no assymetrics. For a later project I think  :lol: (British BV-issued project  :wub:)

Slerski

Ahem... Here is a small description of the Arado Ar 380 "Tornado". Hope to post the full story soon (!! with profiles !!). (*sigh* Always waiting for Hannants... where are my kit and my Luftwaffe Crosses decals set ? :huh:)

The Arado Ar 380 is a fighter-bomber conceived in the end of 1940s by Karsten Reiner to answer Reichsluftfahrtministerium's need for a modern high-speed interceptor that must equip Luftwaffe's first-line units.
Drawn and studied as an high-speed interceptor, fitted with BMW 023 jet-engines (with afterburners) and armed with two Mauser MG 230 30mm cannon, the Arado Ar 380 mainly served during the 3rd Battle of Britain and in Reich's defense operations.
Well conceived and been born without vices, Arado Ar 380 will remain for her pilots a very good plane, strong and well armed, although outstripped by the new allied fighters at the end of the war.

Tophe

A profile will be very interesting. :thumbsup:
Where will the jets be? below the wings (Me-262-like) or less common? :huh:

Slerski

Engines will use uncommon frame... Superposed twin-engine configuration, with a single air intake in the front  ;D

Tophe

Slerski

So... Model arrived today, I think that some people will be a little disappointed but I'm ready for beginning this GB !!

Tophe

Surprising. Like a Germany-built Lightning? (I imagined a kind of Me 262 with double-jets Short-Sperrin-like)
Did Arado still exist in the 1960ies?

jcf

That'll be cool.

However, I do have to admit that the designation number gave rise to visions of an A 380 equipped with Vril vortex generators. ;)  ;D

Slerski

Okay... I need whiffers help. In fact, Arado Ar 380 designation will be use in the second project for this group built (more Arado-like and more 40ies !! :wacko:). But I need a new manufacturer so... Here is a little poll

This projekt must be :
- Messerschmitt, die groooosse Flugzeug-Konstructor !!
- Focke-Wulf (maybe K. Tank label), the challenger
- Heinkel, pioneer in jet-powered fighter
or another manufacturer (they're all welcome but don't tell me English Electric or BAC :rolleyes:).

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

jcf

Why not make it a two engined stable-mate of the Junkers EF 128?

http://www.luft46.com/junkers/juef128.html

Junkers was the oldest, and for many years the largest, of the German airframe manufacturers,
producing roughly 1 in 5 of German aircraft between 1939 and 1945.