Main Menu

Alt. Wehrmacht GB?

Started by puddingwrestler, March 05, 2010, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Since we are having an alt. Luftwaffe GB, why not alt. Wehrmacht? It's one of the most popular modeling themes after all in it's non alt. forms, so let us alt. it up!

I bring this up because I went to Eureka Miniatures last night, and amidst the traditional chat with the crazy Englishmen who run it I picked up a: a flyer for 'Little Wars' - a gaming convetion at which 'Jurassic Reich' will be played, and b: a pre-release Jurassic Reich figure; a German soldier with MP-40 riding a Velociraptor...

Also frogs, but those are another story.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

lancer

Not a bad idea PW, that includes the Liftwaffe, Heer and the Kriegsmarine. A hell of a lot of scope for building and bashing!! It gets my vote when it comes up for the vote.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

A lot of possibilities with this one  :thumbsup:

Kill Zone
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

There's a figure manufacturer in the UK (or was) who made a series of 4 amphibian armies. Idea was that a local med research lab tech got rid of flasks of various chemicals in the local pond. The newts, frogs, toads etc all evolved so to speak into 4 separate civilisations which as all civilisations do, went to war. One such civilisation's army was based on The Wehrmacht and had biped newts in Afrika Korps kit with MP40's  :banghead:

Health warning - keep this thread away from Radish  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Yoooohoooooo!!!

Got some great ideas, chaps.
Already done a German Army Dalek, of course ;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Steel Penguin

Narses2  it was HLBS that do the Pond Scum line
linky below
http://www.hlbs.co.uk/catalogue.php
they also do a slew of 1:48 figs that may be of interest in outher ways.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 07, 2010, 03:48:01 AM
Narses2  it was HLBS that do the Pond Scum line
linky below
http://www.hlbs.co.uk/catalogue.php
they also do a slew of 1:48 figs that may be of interest in outher ways.

Thanks, saves me digging out my old mag's  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

ysi_maniac

Quote from: lancer on March 05, 2010, 03:43:19 PM
Not a bad idea PW, that includes the Liftwaffe, Heer and the Kriegsmarine. A hell of a lot of scope for building and bashing!! It gets my vote when it comes up for the vote.

I woul include alternate Waffen SS
Will die without understanding this world.

puddingwrestler

Quote from: ysi_maniac on March 10, 2010, 06:19:42 AM
Quote from: lancer on March 05, 2010, 03:43:19 PM

I woul include alternate Waffen SS

Since they use basically the same stuff as the Whermacht, I assume people would just include them automatically. Same goes for the Afrika Korps, and the Dresden City Council Street Sweeper Department.

Doc Yo

This bears thinking about. Anybody know if any one makes replacement gun barrels for 1/72 tanks? I've
been thinking about the flak turret version of the E-100 for awhile...

puddingwrestler

Pretty sure I have seen them my dear doctor.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

^ The Prussian "Lange Kerls" (long guys) had to be 6 feet tall. How tall did these troopers have to be? 10 feet?  :blink:

Looking around on JOSHNIZZI.COM, it seems the background story of the pic is called "Hollow Earth" and further research (pestering Google) has revealed this is being/has been developed into a comic.  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?