tooling a a TSR2

Started by Steel Penguin, March 07, 2010, 12:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

good evening all.
       im in the fortunate position of having a couple of 1:48  airfix TSRs i want to tool up and decal, theyll be for display( but not close inspection) and mainly for wargaming with,  80s+ modern, UNIT support for dr Who, and supporting sci fi troops, so will be grey green wrap round for the colour, and after that im looking for suggestions.
any one know where i could get UNIT decals for them ( i was thinking white UN style with UNIT across the centre or bottom, superimposed over normal RAF roundals?
Also as i want to arm them up, any ideas on where i can get pylons, and what sutible ordanace to hang on them, ( LGBs, a ton of snebs, sidewinders etc)
I do have a copy of lost tommorows so page suggestions for that are fine for load outs, but im fairly green when it comes to the smaller after market parts, so any ideas would be appreciated ( especialy if you give a hand with links)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Well TV/movie directors always prefer missiles to bombs ("much more modern, dahlink") and you really don't want to get close to some death-ray armed aliens even in a TSR.2, so how about alt. Martels? The missile was modular with two different seekers in real life, so how about alternative versions that home in on, oh I don't know, Cyberman control signals or something like that?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

You could mount the Doctor under a pylon with his sonic screwdriver in hand or add a couple of very big missiles as the TSR2 is such a large plane anything smaller than a Martel tends to get lost under the wings.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Ohyesand:

You use 1/48th TSR.2s in a wargame? How big is the board? :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

Weaver, , the normal board we use is 6*4 foot, but i occasionaly get invited to places where it can streach out to 20foot plus, although to be honest, im "determined" enough to try just abought anything, ( have i mentioned the B1 i got for this same reason,  im going to have to repalce the AC130 as it fell of the shelf a few weeks ago, and the a10s are for back up)
ChrisF thank you for the pointers ill be noseying there presantly.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

ChrisF

No worries... Might not be everything you need but thats where to start...  lol :D

Look forward to seeing your build...