He-162 Salamander

Started by kitbasher, March 11, 2010, 12:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary F

sequoiaranger

>...Apart from the fact that it'd tip over - all the weight is aft of the wheels - <

Wouldn't the Germans just fill the nose with lead like we modelers do??  :wacko:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on March 12, 2011, 12:48:05 PM
Wouldn't the Germans just fill the nose with lead like we modelers do??  :wacko:

No, they'd just add bigger and bigger cannons till it balanced........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

raafif

naturally it's Goering's personal plane -- his weight balances it nicely, tho he has to wear his Tutu to fit in the snug cockpit -- a flight suit is too buky  :rolleyes:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

sequoiaranger

The original He-162 didn't have a cg problem, but in the revised image the landing gear somehow got moved forward, which WOULD un-balance the plane. In the image below I have "restored" the original cg, by stretching the forward fuselage a bit, and having the wheels retracting forward. Hmmm. A cutie pie. Maybe *I* will make one like this!

frank2056

Quote from: sequoiaranger on March 12, 2011, 12:48:05 PM
>...Apart from the fact that it'd tip over - all the weight is aft of the wheels - <

Don't laugh - the Ho229 had a pretty hefty ballast in the rear fuselage to help adjust the CG.

I like your He-162; I have an ancient Lindberg kit looking for a reason to be built.

sequoiaranger

>I like your He-162; I have an ancient Lindberg kit looking for a reason to be built.<

So do I. Plus the wings and tail booms of a Saab J-21 left over from my "Airacanard" whif, and a spare 6-bladed prop from a Shinden!! Maybe we will have a "winner", after all! I don't want to drop my "Brewster Bison" project, but there still may be time to join the "1946 GB" afterwards!! MUAHHHHH!  :lol:

sequoiaranger

frank--I checked my Lindberg He-162 and all I have left are the two fuselage sides. No canopy or tail (dunno what happened to the rest). Honestly, maybe I should send you *MY* Lindy 162 and you can have a go at this interesting project. You will need two fuselages anyway to extend the nose a bit.

PM me if you are truly interested in making the lash-up, and I will see what components I can spare.

sequoiaranger

The gauntlet has been thrown down (by Frank2056), and now "my" turbopusher Heinkel He-1062 Newt, shown a few posts down, will become 3D plastic sometime this Spring. Frank sent me HIS Lindberg He-162, so I am now "in" the 1946 GB with what may become a last-minute entry (since I already have an ongoing project--the Brewster Bison). What a fool this mortal be!