He-162 Salamander

Started by kitbasher, March 11, 2010, 12:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: apophenia on September 03, 2010, 01:53:04 PM
Probably obvious He-162 developments ...

The French Arsenal VH.10 Salamandre cruise missile.  Evolved from a captured He162A-2, the VH.10 was powered by a Voison Atar 003 turbojet (assisted by a tail-mounted Hotchkiss-Brandt solid-fuel rocket motor in later models). The VH.10 Salamandre took off from semi-prepared airfields on a jettisonable wheeled dolly.

Interesting.  Perhaps alternatively air-dropped from the AAS 01A or AAS 01B or a development of either?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TsrJoe

found this online... single pulse jet powered He.162 'Spatz' (Sparrow) development ...
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

found this online... twin pulse jet powered He.162 'Spatz' (Sparrow) development ...

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

Richard Chafer 'gekko' did quite a number of cool alternate He.162 schemes (my personal favourites being his Finnish schemed examples) a look through his folder should find them?

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13687.0/highlight,he+162.html

GTX

Some of the various Salamander variants:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

frank2056

I wonder what sort of luck the pulse engine powered He-162s would have had. The Me-328 project was canceled because the vibrations from the pulse engines were damaging the fuselage. Two pulse engines between and over the very delicate wooden tail surfaces of the He-162 does not inspire confidence in this design.

GTX

Something crudely thrown together:

Regards,

Greg

Taiidantomcat

I love it, Greg! That head on shot just drops my jaw  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

The Wooksta!

Except that it's way too heavy for the lightweight airframe - even the planned 2 30mm cannon were too heavy and it was intended as a cheap, disposable lightweight fighter.  T
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ReccePhreak

Quote from: apophenia on September 03, 2010, 01:53:04 PM

TsAGI B-1R Саламандра, a programmable reconnaissance drone. He-162A derivative powered by Kazan (GAZ 17) RD-20 turbojet. Unbuilt BB-1 project was for an armour-protected attack drone variant.

B-1R (Bеспилотный-1 Разведывательный ) = Drone-1, Reconnaissance
BB-1 (Bронированных Bеспилотный-1) = Armoured Drone-1

Thanks for that profile & info. That made me go out and buy an He162 model, just for the sole purpose of making one.  :thumbsup:
Larry

GTX

Don't ask me...I don't know why either:

Regards,

Greg

Old Wombat

I dunno, she looks pretty cool, Greg.

Maybe change it to 6-bladed contra-props, add a 37mm cannon (or two), plus rockets & bombs... You're looking at a pretty good ground-attack aircraft, there. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Apart from the fact that it'd tip over - all the weight is aft of the wheels - it's an aerodynamic mess and the He 162 wasn't exactly a good designto start with.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

And?... :unsure:.... It still looks cool! ;D :cheers:

(I was promoting the aesthetically insane look. :thumbsup:)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

GTX

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 06, 2011, 03:14:05 AM
Apart from the fact that it'd tip over - all the weight is aft of the wheels - it's an aerodynamic mess and the He 162 wasn't exactly a good designto start with.