Main Menu

I'm Back

Started by sotoolslinger, March 11, 2010, 04:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Howdy y'all ;D Long time no post. I am now back at the bench and have several projects going. I figured I would start off with one that will horrify and piss off everyone equally :wacko:
So I am going to combine (read bastardize) a Spitfire and a Mustang and just to make it worse I will give it a T-tail :blink:
Since I am doing a Malcolm hood I figured I should put at least some effort into the cockpit :banghead:

She will have this fuselage

With this nose (with 16 cylinders)

This prop

With Spitfire wings

I will use the Spits horizontals at the top of the Stang tail  :rolleyes:

Widthwise the two fuselages will go together nicely .Top to bottom I will probably have to add a couple of nose guns to furr the Spit nose up to fit the Mustang contours. Oh no :o y'all know how I hate adding guns :party:
To give credit where credit is due ;Thanks to Scooterman and Roger the Cabin boy for providing me with these models.
So that your (entirely appropriate) anger can fly in the right direction neither of these fine folk are in any way responsible for this design.

But Scoot did giggle evilly while helping me hold the parts up to each other to check fit. :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Jeffry Fontaine

Good to see you found your way back to the asylum.  Looking forward to seeing this WIP.  BTW, the pilot sure has a funny look on his mug :^)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

tc2324

Welcome back, (although I`m a newbie so perhaps I should be saying hi instead :lol:), and looking forward to seeing this with a T tail... :wacko: :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Weaver

Yay - the slinger of tools is back! Nice to see you and nice project!  :thumbsup:

So that's an AIRFIX Spit you've got there? Thought you said "never again" after the Buccaneer.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

So this is where you got in, good to have you back Tex!

And what a start, alienating die-hard Brits & Yanks in one go, good move! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've built a 1/48 Airfix (Mk.Vc) & to be fair on it it's not a bad kit.  The most annoying bit of it is the wing/fuselage joint, but since it looks like you're going to make life difficult for yourself there anyway, it doesn't matter much!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scooterman

hehehehehehehehe.  This is going to be killer.

And nice to see ya back dude! :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

Thanks to all y'all  :wub: I am very glad to be back.
Jeffry I think that pilot is just confused over what he is going to be flying
tc, thanks nic to meet ya :thumbsup: you'll get used to my particular brand o madness
Weaver I just wanted the Griffin engine and the 5 blade prop .
Mossie the wings on the Spit are nicely detailed and come with 2 different sets o guns :wub: :wacko: but they do look like they will fit the Stang better than the kit they came on :blink:
Brad thanks again for the kits . Excellent choices :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Roger the Cabin Boy

That pilot has a 1000 yard stare.   :o  Usually considered poor form in figure painting cliques, but mastering the manic stare is very much welcomed in these circles...   ;D :thumbsup:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Ed S

Good to see you back and bashing plastic.  This promises to be another great creation.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all.
Phil I wear glasses because I'm nearsighted :blink: Now I notice that to see things very close to me I have to take my glasses off :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Reading glasses here I come :angry: I'm effin old :banghead: :banghead:
In other words I don't think my figure painting is going to improve :rolleyes:
Ed I just cut off the wings and nose's . This is actually going to fit together pretty well  :o ;D :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Arc3371

Looks interesting and welcome back

Sisko

Welcome back! Nice to see you around here again. :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

Heh, heh: T-Tail....T-Tail....ha.

I'm going to PM you with my own current Mustang conversion (hasn't hit this forum yet).

You'll be pleasantly surprised: we are both crazy in the same way at the same time...

Your pilot figure looks like John Belushi in "1941"

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Ron's back!  :party:  :party:  :party:

Looks like it's gonna bee a great comeback build.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

Hey y'all thanks :wub:
Arc I'll definitely be looking over your stuff to come up with some painting ideas :wub:
Sisko glad to be back modelers block sucks :banghead:
Screamin Rat ...I cannot effin wait....though you might like her tail....
Howdy Jeff I ain't been in your part of Cali in a while PM or call bubba.

I amuse me.