Main Menu

I'm Back

Started by sotoolslinger, March 11, 2010, 04:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAO 700

Oh my God! Sanding and sanding again!
Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

sotoolslinger

It's not so much that I enjoy PSR  :banghead: It's just that I am very ,very stupid ;D :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

It is very good to see you back here putting the fear into any piece of plastic that comes before you. Outstanding work!! ;D
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

My Master :wub: Many thanks to you . I someday hope to inspire the the same fear as Eddie M.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

And Sanding :blink:

Look out there are putty ;D

I could not leave this project behind. You folk that have been here for a while have seen me build in motel rooms before. That was always with me driving and able to take anything I wanted with me. For the next 2 weeks I will be on the road but I have to fly. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I have to check all my tools and of course I cannot carry any chemicals but I have come up with a hard container to be carried in a soft plastic carry on bag. I will stuff the plastic case with rolled up paper towels to keep the model from bouncing around :blink: I am really looking forward to going through security tomorrow :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Ed S

WOW!  That looks like it might be more putty than styrene by the time you get if finished.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Weaver

The belly mods look great Ron. Mind you, before you threw the putty at it, I saw those two tubes in front of the rad intake and thought you were going to give it a couple of socking great guns: can't think where I got that idea..... ;)

So, what do you think you're going to find out that you've forgotten when you get to your hotel room..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Well I brought all my sanding sticks. With all that putty that should be all I need for a couple o weeks  ;D :rolleyes: I figure to pick up some putty and glue in Albuquerque.
Eds it does weigh about a pound and a half with all the plumbers putty in the nose and wing roots.
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 14, 2010, 12:38:43 PM
It's not so much that I enjoy PSR  :banghead: It's just that I am very ,very stupid ;D :blink:

Glad you are, stupidity can be very entertaining! :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

TTomcat PM sent.
Thanks Mossie . I have been awake for like 18 hours now flying all over creation but I may get some sanding done in a little while :blink:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Sorry this update took so long . Work has been annoying me :angry: Here is some PSR done.
This is also the kind of epoxy putty I use

The white putty you see on the plane is the AquaMend. It looks green in the tube but turns white when you mix it.
In an few hours I will sand it and post some more pics.
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

I see some sanding in your future !  :cheers:

sotoolslinger

I just went to get more sanding sticks :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

That's the same model that had all the red goop all over it just a few short days ago???

Aye carumbaa!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher