Main Menu

I'm Back

Started by sotoolslinger, March 11, 2010, 04:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

It's definately different ! Love the camo and the guns, very neat. Especially the ones on the belly. The tail kinda wierds it out for me, tho...just doesn't look right up there.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cliffy B

Neato!  The tail's kinda odd for me too but its still cool.  I know they did that underside camo in real life but does anyone know WHY?  Seems to cancel itself out.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

John Howling Mouse

Love your, er, bottom, Ron.   :o

Looks super cool and incredibly sleek (and I'm not just saying that 'cause she's a T-Tail, either!).

:wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Taiidantomcat

This just got bumped up to "11"  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all :thumbsup: Some minor disasters over the last couple o days ( life not models) but I should be back at it tomorrow.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

In 1942 North American Aviation was approached by the British to build P-40's for the ongoing war against the Axis. Since the US had still not entered the conflict it was decided to build a shadow factory in England. The company was renamed Northumberland Aviaton. During Negotiations and setup North American engineers in collaboration with both SuperMarine and Toolslinger Engine Works of the RoT put forthe the propositon that they could construct a much superior aircraft. The British gov't ,encouraged by both the US and RoT who were also interested in the new design, agreed but stipulated that the design must be ready in 100 days. The result was the Zephyr

I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Obviously I have started decals :rolleyes:
The Northumberland Zephyr shown is the personal mount of Lt. Ron Fulce ,son of the chief engineer of Toolslinger Engine Works. Already a fully qualified combat pilot for the RoT airforce, Fulce enlisted in the RAF to be able to send in field reports to Northumberland Aviation (and the RoT  gov't) of the performance of the new aircraft.
No 73 Squadron was originally assigned to Malta and then in various locals in Africa and the Middle East. The aircraft were modified in the field and repainted numerous times ,often using captured materials. Reports from the field resulted in many changes to the aircraft including divorced, crossover capable oil coolers, and integral sand filters built in from the factory.

I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

The Zepyrs quickly became the preeminent desert fighter. Their 16 cylinder TEW engine was well cooled with jackets around each cylinder and twin oil coolers . Later models were equipped with 5 bladed props, 1 inch cannon and two additional .60 caliber machine guns on the lower fuselage.

I have never put my own name on a model :blink:
I figured since this is my first in better than a year I deserved it :wacko: ;D
Tomorrow I will weather and dull cote :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

Ron, you do deserve to have your name on that beautiful beastie.  Seriously, that is awesome work.  Really wicked stuff you have there.  Good to see you back in the fold.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Saur :wub: Some wonderful folk printed me up some nifty decals up a couple years ago and I have never used the ones with my name on it. It's kind of embarrassing  :blink: I guess it's a tribute to my brother modeler who made me  the decals ;D :wub:
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Sauragnmon on April 23, 2010, 04:09:14 PM
Ron, you do deserve to have your name on that beautiful beastie.  Seriously, that is awesome work.  Really wicked stuff you have there.  Good to see you back in the fold.

Ditto x2!! ;D
Look behind you!

Sisko

Looks fantastic in all it's glossy goodness :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sotoolslinger

Thank's all y'all :wub:
All dullified and peeled

I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

proditor

BRAVO!!

That is an awesome piece of kit!!  :bow: :bow: :bow: