Hellenic Air Force F-15E: a FAR Model

Started by FAR148, March 13, 2010, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

OK, my last two modeling project failed completely(USN Su-27 and S-3 AWACS). After 18 month of working on my IAF A-10I, I did not want to work on or start another long term project. So, I worked on a few profiles to get away from building for a while. Now working on my TSR.2 profiles, which I will built at least one of them but not until I finish the series and I pick one to built. But the itch to build has already started. So Friday night I went looking through my stash for something to build. Got 3 Revell 1/48 scale F-15E's and remembered I downloaded somebodys what-if profile of a Hellenic Air Force F-15E. So, it should be a simple build, pretty much out of box but I will add some resin seats( I hate building seats >:( ) Got the idea, the kit and paints. Decals I will make and print myself. Time to build! This build is going to be about completion and not perfection.

Here a quick and dirty paint guide I came up tonight. The pattern is based on the IAF's F-15I paint scheme. I think it's going to look pretty cool. :wub:

Tommorrow I will post some pics of what I have done so far.

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

Slerski

Nice painting scheme. Hope to see the finished result soon  :rolleyes:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

FAR148

Thanks Moritz  :thumbsup:

Here's what I got done so far. I got to paint the pilots instrument panel but most of major work in the cockpit is done. Still got to add some detail parts, but Im happy with it.

Revell did a great job on the nozzles. :wub:

With three of the same kits, some of the sprues got mixed up and some parts are light and some dark.  :lol:

More to come,
Steven L  :ph34r:

Eddie M.

QuoteThis build is going to be about completion and not perfection.

I've come to enjoy that same motivation for builds theses days as well, though I'm sure you will be delivering some very fine work that I consider perfection in my book. Good looking progress. :mellow:
Look behind you!

ChernayaAkula

"There is nothing to stop a properly fired IRIS-T!"
Capt Konstantinos Fotopoulos, F-16 pilot, Hellenic Air Force

Just thought I'd throw this in.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

FAR148

Where can I find some in 1/48 scale?

Steven L :ph34r:

Scooterman

Quote from: FAR148 on March 14, 2010, 05:20:43 PM

revell Typhoon has a pair and SkunkModels do a weps set with them

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: FAR148 on March 14, 2010, 05:20:43 PM

As Scooterman said, the Revell Typhoon (THIS TOOL) comes with IRIS-Ts. It also comes with Meteor BVRAAMs and Taurus stand-off missiles.
Cheers,
Moritz

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

FAR148

Outside of work this week, I managed to get some work done on my Hellenic Mud hen.
Got the front office done and got it placed in on one of the fuselage halves. You can see my roll of pennies nose weight, hate tail sitter.  :angry:

Got the targeting pods together and shot them in a base coat of Dark Ghost Gray.

Glued down the air brake.

Also placed the tails. note the twin TEWS.

Painted up a pair of AIM-120's

And this morning I made this beast! AGM-148  :wacko:

More to come!

Sauragnmon

I'll admit, I'm intrigued by the thought of a Hellenic Mud Hen - a hell of a replacement for their A-7's that they're looking at losing.

Nice work on the AGM-148, should make a mean centerline piece of airmail for the bird.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

John Howling Mouse

Nice work so far.  And your camera must be a gagillion megapixels complete with super macro mode!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

FAR148

QuoteI'll admit, I'm intrigued by the thought of a Hellenic Mud Hen - a hell of a replacement for their A-7's that they're looking at losing.
Nice work on the AGM-148, should make a mean centerline piece of airmail for the bird.

I was thinking, "What if" the HAF didn't buy the F-16 Block 50/52 Plus. As for the loadout, It's going to be asymmetric.

QuoteNice work so far.  And your camera must be a gagillion megapixels complete with super macro mode!

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

There's been some talk around here over the last couple of years about adding a 'Popcorn' emoticon....... IMO This build is all the justification we need for it.

Ian

(pulling-up the comfy chair, opening the beer and looking for the popcorn !)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)