Main Menu

Super Sair

Started by Eddie M., March 14, 2010, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Wow, I'm impatient to see this one finished, it seems you've got a winner in your hands!

Sauragnmon

Another interesting piece of work, Eddie - looking forward to more of this particular madness!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Eddie M.

Thank you Gents!! I appreciate it.

I've opened the aft end a bit for a few mods to come. Nevermind the thing in the background. It's....forming.;D

Look behind you!

BlackOps

I sense another batch of extreme coolness brewing!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Really like this project :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 20, 2010, 05:07:19 AMI've opened the aft end a bit for a few mods to come. Nevermind the thing in the background. It's....forming.;D

You are such a tease!  

Looks like you are gong to be adding a much larger engine exhaust to this thing.  Kind of expected that and was wondering how you were going to approach the problem. 

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

After discovering a near fatal flaw in the construction, I decided to finish it and hide the boo-boo in the photography, as per usual. ;D

I made a new FLIR mount out of a piece of square plastic stock and got the gear on. lots of tweaking to do to get this one right....

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

I like that scheme, simple but interesting  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sisko

Very nice bash Eddie. You certainly are in the master league when it comes to putty fu :thumbsup:

The paint job is also very nice. Who though greys could look so good!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Eddie M.

Thank you Gents!  :mellow:

QuoteThe paint job is also very nice. Who though greys could look so good!

Thanks Sisko, but I'm guilty of being plain lazy. I've been working on my Serious Week Build (which I missed) and after I did some research on A-7 schemes, I figured I'd go with something like this....... :cheers:

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

That is one cool looking aircraft ,My Master :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on April 14, 2010, 04:45:20 AM
That is one cool looking aircraft ,My Master :wub: :bow:

Thank you very much. I am humbled by your kind words.

Still moving forward. It's fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, but I'll finish it anyway. I think I'll call it the FUSS... ;D

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Yeah , thats way too ugly for you too have in your collection .....better send it to me ;D :rolleyes: :lol:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

I really like it... I am a believer in the "beautiful in an ugly sort of way" I think it looks aggressive.  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Y'know in theory that high wing should have more anhedral, but it actually looks very good in the plastic. Kind of reminds me of the SR.53 for reasons I can't rationally explain....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones