Home on the Range - A SciFi diorama in 1/32 or 1/35 or something.

Started by puddingwrestler, March 14, 2010, 07:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

That's truly excellent PW! I LOVE the hover chuck wagon.... ;D

My uncle would travel all the way to Aus just to beat you up for butchering a BMW like that, Me, I think it's hillarious...... :wacko: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ChernayaAkula

We need a new WhiffieTM category: Most-inspired in-progress thread annotations. PW, you'd win that in a heartbeat!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

puddingwrestler

yes... but I am and English teacher (the kind who doesn't bother to proof read posts for spelling and never remembers how to spell their/there/they're and to/two/too anyway) so I have a tendency to get carried away with words.

Is that thing a BMW? Well, you learn something new everyday...
Personally, I'm more worried about the Phantom Defamation Anti League getting wind of the fuselage.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

Looking more and more like a mini version of Space Truckers.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

I did space truckers years ago.

I've started work on the third and final vehicle; the Mazda K360 based runabout. I'll be chopping the whole roof off, but so far all I've done is think about the engines. All three of them. Yes, I am making a tri-motor utility truck. I am Australian. Bite me.
Anyways, the forward steering engine is a combination of old Monogram A-10 parts, the cowling from a Fiat G-50 (old school airfix kit, bought as 'still of sprues, unstarted, great condition' on eBay and actually in 'Not on sprues, VERY badly started' condition) and some odd parts from other kits. The two maind drive motors will use Blenheim (I think - could be Beaufighter, I got the parts from those two kits well and trully mixed together in the boxes) nacelles and god knows what else.
I think the seats will be Schwimmwagen.

Got the nacelles installed on the chuckwagon and a few little touch-ups.
Starting to think about how to convert the figures ion more detail...

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: puddingwrestler on March 22, 2010, 02:40:37 PM

Is that thing a BMW? Well, you learn something new everyday...
Personally, I'm more worried about the Phantom Defamation Anti League getting wind of the fuselage.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking that it's a Zundapp KS750: the other German WWII despatch bike.....

You think you're worried? I'm British and I don't like TSR.2s......... :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

It's the bike which came with Tamiya's Flak 88 if that helps.

Oh, and I am Australian and do not like Aussie Rules. At all. This probably trumps TSR.2s because: A: it's in 'production' and B: it has the name of the country in the name.

puddingwrestler

Now then you purty ol' critters y'all, here's that there tri-motor ute thingamajig.

I changed my mind and used Ford Mutt seats instead of Schwimmwagen (they didn't really fit), mounted using some spare bits from a tamiya Quad tractor. Apart from that and changing the back wall, the interior is pretty stock.
More important are these 'ere critters:

From engine consists of: G-50 cowling, shortened. A-10 engines from Monogram kit. Sort of fan thingee from LA5. Most of the engine from the LA5 as well. And a sort of nose cone thingee which I think was part of a helicopter weapons pod. Here we see the back end.
The side engine pods are: Beaufighter nacelles (airfix old skool), which have had the molded on engine 'detail' removed and replaced with sort of intake-ee things from a soviet helicopter (name escapes me at present). Schwimmwagen wheels have been fitted abaft the nacelles, with Italeri DO17 engines and fans fitted inside them, finally, DO17 cowlings have been added. And then the thing has been turned around so the DO17 cowling is the front. Also some vent-i-watsits from the Soviet chopper, and exhausts made from tube and rod. Mounting is via some Ford Mutt wheel parts, most of which has not happened yet.

Thinking about a robot for the dio.
I'm gonna need more doll's eyes.

Sisko

Nemisis was, after Judge Dredd was my favourite 2000AD comic strip. :ph34r:

I am interested in where this goes!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

buzzbomb

Well Puddings.. these are ace.

The engines themselves are works of art and the Phanto-bike thing is inspired

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Sisko on March 24, 2010, 03:04:54 PM
Nemisis was, after Judge Dredd was my favourite 2000AD comic strip. :ph34r:

I am interested in where this goes!

The chuck wagon itself is inspired by a vehicle in Nemesis, but the whole thing is more Strontium Dog than Nemesis.

puddingwrestler

<David Attenborough Voice> And here we see the Norton 990 AeroCommando as it plays and disports in it's natural surroundings.

Note the rather startling plumage, this colour is refered to in the brouchure as 'Home on the O'Range'.

The 990 AeroCommando is now, of course, long out of production, so an example in such fine condition is a rare and thrilling sight. Not that it will remain that way for long, as it will soon undergo the full weathering process of that fiend, the Pudding Wrestler as he plays and disports in his own natural surroundings.</David Attenborough Voice>

Editor's note: Home On The O'Range was a real car colour in the 70s - I have the feeling it was offered on the Leyland P76, which also came in Brown, or as they called it, 'Oh Fudge.' All of which pales into insignificance beside Holden's neon lime green, known as 'Lettuce Alone'.

puddingwrestler

It's basically impossible to read, but the cheesecake nose art decal comes from an A-10 (not the Monogram one, the Hobbycraft one which seems to be a re-issue of the Monogram one) and reads 'Hog Heaven'. Not the best printed decal I have ever seen, but appropriate methinks.
Paint mostly citadel.