Home on the Range - A SciFi diorama in 1/32 or 1/35 or something.

Started by puddingwrestler, March 14, 2010, 07:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Spent a little time today building the mounting forks for the front engine on the trimotor ute using the forks from the Mazda T2000, some plasticard and rod. Also did a little weathering on the AeroCommando.
I'm at the parental house at present on a visit and brought most of the gear I need, but forgot the pastels so cannot finish weathering the AeroCommando just yet.
The ute needs a little PSR on the gap between dash and bonnet and then a few final touches. The Chuck Wagon needs some plating fitted to the underside and a few final touches plus soem PSR and love.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

Scored some wooden moulding to make the edging of the base today, but not much else. I've been getting my car serviced and turning my mum's website into a blog...

puddingwrestler

Stuck that dad-blamed front engine on the tri motor ute today.

More important is this critter here:

It be all finished an' done up tighter than Daisy Duke's cut offs.

puddingwrestler

Here's what's going on with the figures.
So far I've started two of them, both from the ICM Soviet tankers scoffing grub set (unofficial title) which came with a Tamiya Ford GPA 'Seep' I got from ebay a while back.

The standing chap has had his head cruelly cut down, originally to accept a Werhmacht helmet I was resculpting into something 2000ADish, but now for a stetson. Straps are from really thin plasticard, other bits from thicker plasticard. Also some plastic rod.
The other chap is only partially done using the same materials. Still considering his head - the kit has a forage cap molded on but I definately do not want that. I have some caps etc around, or might have a second shot at the 2000ADish helmet using greenstuff instead of tamiya putty this time (it didn't work very well)

This is the back of stand-up-guy. His holstered sawn of shotgun is made from a Tamiya infantry weapon set for the stock (a rifle, not sure what type) and plasticard for the holster. It needs buckles and catches added still.

And here is a mysterious collection of parts. Anyone care to guess what is going on here?

There's also been a little progress on fitting the underside hull plates to the chuckwagon.

philp

The feet look like what you would use to make footprints in the ground work.  Not sure about the marbles.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

If you thought 'Soup Stiring Robot' as soon as you saw the motley collection of 1/144 scale bombs, dolls eyes and army boots above, congratulations, you are just as insane as I am.
And here is the little fella.

Parts are a mix of dolls eyes, plasticard, plastic rod, 1/144 scale bombs, 1/35 artillery bits, army boots, Citadel 2nd Edition 40K space marine hands, a 1/72 wheel and the sort of big washer thing which is used to hold the dolls eyes onto the doll.
And yes, I did just scratch build an entire 1/35 scale soup stiring robot in a day.

Modelling_Mushi

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Weaver

Excellent - I LOVE the robot!  :wub:

There's a song by Al Stewart called Roads to Moscow which is about the Eastern Front in WWII, and there's a line in it that goes, "and far away behind their lines, the partisans are stirring in the forest". Ever since I had a vision of two guys in flat caps and donkey jackets with PPShs over their shoulders sitting either side of a big pot, taking turns to stir it, I havn't been able to listen to the song the same way...... ;D :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

This is way beyond awesome!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

One of the figures will need a Green Stuff poncho!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

puddingwrestler

Did think of that, but I am not great at greenstuff, I'd never get the folds right. More likely to get one made from tissue soaked in PVA, but I think I may not use ponchos, despite loving Judge Che from the time Judge Dredd spent on the moon - a mexican judge with bandido moustach, poncho and sombrero who calls everyone Hombre? What's not to love.

Also, I stuck a top on the stetson made froma  cut down german helmet. One of my non modeling friends said he was "creepd out by Monsiure Crepe Hat" and I could not have that now could I?

sotoolslinger

Dude I tillered my garden out today wearing plaid shorts ,knee high lace up snake boots , a t-shirt and a garish cowboy hat, I'm pretty sure you can dress your sci fi characters any way you want ;D :wub: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Yes, but he doesn't want them to look that ridiculous.... ;)

Anyway, could you go and stand next to Radish in that outfit please? It's time he looked uncomfortable for once... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

not much modeling yesterday, nor was there any yodelling, but I did build a bionic arm. And a knee pad. This may not sound important, but kneepads are key to 2000AD's greatness! And it's a petty groovy kneepad.
Dropped the shorts wearing figure idea - I mocked up the dio and there isn't really space for more figures.

Although I was thinking about making another dio in a simialr vein showing more 2000AD style cowboys cruising through town on a saturday night...
So the three-quarter pants wearing, knee-high lace up boots sporting figure could become some sort of pimp... OF THE FUTURE!