Main Menu

Extension?

Started by nev, March 17, 2010, 11:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

So gentlemen, its that time again - the deadline nears, kits are unfinished.  Who would benefit from an extenstion to the GB?

*holds hands up*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitnut617

Cripes!  I haven't even got started on this one ----  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

Extension? Yeah, cool.  :thumbsup: How does, uh, two months sound?  :rolleyes: Had so many possible projects, but couldn't even get a single one to the starting blocks.  :banghead:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Well, as far as I'm concerned spring next year would be good.  Got myself in a 'funk' & never got around to any of the builds I wanted to.  I have just about got into the spirit, I managed to refurb a build, I'll post it tomorrow as the missus has taken the camera to a Ronan Keating concert.....

Exterminate..... :dalek: :dalek: :dalek:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on March 18, 2010, 03:34:50 PM
Well, as far as I'm concerned spring next year would be good.  Got myself in a 'funk' & never got around to any of the builds I wanted to. 

Don't worry about it simon, you ain't the only one in a funk.. :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

I know, I pushed for this one, you had my arm up my back while stamped on my neck & none of us have got a build done!  I'll be lucky if I can my SSGB build done as well, I haven't started it yet, although I've got the next week off as I had that hand op I've been on about a week ago & I got the use of it back quickly, I can still use it as long as I don't lift stuff.

I think I'm on my way out of it, I've just finished a HobbyBoss Hurricane.  That was supposed to be a week long quick build, it's taken me nearly a month.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Green Dragon

I could do with an extension, need to rattle can the white outside and it's been too cold to get a good finish!  :banghead:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, model's almost done but just started the diorama.  Was going to count on the actual backyard here for the background but nearly all the snow melted last week.
So, I've got to improvise.

An extension would be GREATLY welcome at this point.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Well, that's kinda official then.  2 weeks?  A month?

Like you Simon, I was soooo looking forward to this, then got an Xbox360 at just the wrong time! :banghead:

Must get back to the Raptor.  After this weekend....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

A month would be good....I can rattle off the smaller gunboat bodacious on skis diorama and perhaps an aircraft...possibly.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Radish on March 20, 2010, 02:24:17 AM
A month would be good....I can rattle off the smaller gunboat bodacious on skis diorama and perhaps an aircraft...possibly.

A month would buy me time to not only complete my diorama properly but I could enter two other models!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ChernayaAkula

It's been an overly long winter, therefore the extension should be overly long as well. ;D A month sounds good!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Then if Simon agrees, a month it is!

Mossie

It's fine by me, but I'll be cracking that whip at you boys who asked for it.... :wacko: