Not a Rafale ! - (97%) F I N I S H E D !!

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, March 18, 2010, 02:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

The master at work again. That is one serious paint job!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 26, 2010, 08:45:03 AM
Chris
On the cutting board. If you try to cut on the model, I guarantee you will find that you will have scored through to the paint, when you come to lift the tape. Trust me on this one  :mellow:

Ian

That's what I thought. Ta  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

This is turning out to be one very cool looking bird Ian, the camo is exceptional. I am certainly looking forward to seeing this when its done.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just the instrumentation pod and the dummy 'winder to add and the nav lights to paint and that is it – all of these will be done for the Cosford show in 10 days time. Cannot get these things done before Monday because it's Easter weekend and the Toddler-Gatherer's are both home from nursery of course. On Monday – yes the bank holiday – I have to drive 280 miles south to the Academy of Better Coastguarding to resit just two exams.... Arghhhh  :angry:

Anyhoos here's the backstory and the pics:

Backstory:
Similar to the USAF in 2009, the US Navy identified the need to replace the F-5E and compliment the F-20's and F/A-18's with a 5th Generation 'light' fighter type in the Aggressor/Adversary squadrons.

Using the Air Force's experience with the 'Rafale Lite' they approached Bae/Saab in early 2013 to explore the possibility of leasing, stripped-down first generation Gripens. The first F-37A 'Griffin' was delivered in autumn 2014.

Lockheed Martin/Bae/Saab F-37A Griffin
VFA-127 'Cylons'
NAS Fallon

And here it is sitting in the cabinet with it's 'aggressive' cousins !!

Thanks for taking the time to look and all the positive and encouraging remarks you've been kind enough to make – except you Nev, no more "Scooby-Doo'ism's, last warning !  As ever I'll take any comments, criticism or questions.

Best

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ed S

Excellent, Ian.  As usual.  This scheme looks good.  At least the agressor squadrons are painting a/c in something besides "boring gray".

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

And, just like that, we have the finest-looking Gripen model I have ever seen.

Like a dream...

:bow:   :bow:   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

sotoolslinger

Yeah,I am going to need to steal pretty much all those paint jobs :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Scooterman

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Absolutely fantastic Ian. A simple and elegant scheme. My hat is off to you sir!

Spey_Phantom

i think this smiley fitts the bill
nice work  :wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.