L

EE Lightning

Started by lancer, May 21, 2003, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: Flyer on August 30, 2014, 03:49:59 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on August 10, 2014, 06:52:52 AM
If you want to make your pictures all the same size and one that is reasonable for viewing, then use the tag [img width=640 height=480] instead of the standard [img] tag.

I cannot find that, do you type it in manually?

Yes.  Your image tag should look like
{img width=640 height=480]...[/img}
(replace the curly braces with straight ones in that example, the numbers are pixels)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

pyro-manic

You can just do the "width" bit, and the forum will auto-scale the image to that. Not sure if doing both alters (screws up) the aspect ratio of the image...

Maximum width should be 1024px or less to reasonably fit on most peoples' screens.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

eatthis

i already did it last page lol
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on August 30, 2014, 03:28:48 PM
Can anyone fill me in on a few details on the Genie armed P.23 Lightning?

First off is the variant, I've seen drawings of a F.1A, but the fact it was supposed to be procured alongside Red Top suggests F.3 at least, along with a snippet in the Flight archive that mentions "later" variants. If this is correct, then the F.3A/F.6 are possible?

Second, in the back of my mind, I think I read that two Squadrons would have been armed with Genie.  Is this right?  I vaguely recall that I read what Squadrons these might be, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining things?

Bump, seems to have got lost in another conversation.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

The wings from the Modelsvit 1/72 Mig-21I/1 and Mig-21I/2 along with BAC.221 Akatombo on a Lightning would look great.
Sorry didn't see the pics before I wrote this.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on October 07, 2014, 09:39:14 AM
The wings from the Modelsvit 1/72 Mig-21I/1 and Mig-21I/2 along with BAC.221 Akatombo on a Lightning would look great.

Hm, you could have something there.

I've got a vacform BAC221 in The Loft too, but I really want to build a BAC 221 with it.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2014, 09:42:50 AM

Hm, you could have something there.

I've got a vacform BAC221 in The Loft too, but I really want to build a BAC 221 with it.....

Olimp Models has just announced a new 1/72 resin kit of the BAC 221
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, I'll try the vacform BAC 221 wings against one of my spare Lightning fuselages.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

The wings from the Modelsvit 1/72 Mig-21I/1 and Mig-21I/2 along with BAC.221 Akatombo on a Lightning would look great. <...>

I did something along the lines of that last year:

The idea was to use the wings of a Revell 1/200 Concorde snap-fit kit on a 1/72 Lightning fuselage. I suppose the folks who have to have everything a bit bigger could use 1/144 Concorde wings on a 1/48 Lightning fuselage.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, that does look the business!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow....does it ever ! I like the little canards too !

Beauty.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Does look good!
Not too sure about the canards.

Librarian

Could someone with a 1/72 kit please supply me with a mm measurement:

Running vertically down the fuselage is a panel line at the rear of the upper airbrake and just behind the fuel tank. I need to know the measurement from top to bottom if a ruler is placed flat on the fuselage half. If it's posssible could an approximate measurement be made of the widest point of the fuselage at that panel line. If yes, many thanks in advance.

Captain Canada

Is that the Airfix kit ? I just went down to the cave to dig mine out. Found the box, but the fuselage and wings are gone ! Sheesh....I'm brutal at this. I can't really dig for it now as the kids are down there sleeping on the couches ( sleepover )

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?