L

EE Lightning

Started by lancer, May 21, 2003, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Kinda looks funny with the three intakes, but then again, it kinda looks good !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

The over wing tanks extended the range ,but couldn't go mach 2 with them. Sub-sonic speeds could be obtained without the fins.
Does look good.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rhodri on July 28, 2014, 05:04:33 PM
I did the Lightning with Draken wings - I thought it came out rather well. I kept all the intakes as is, because I like the look.

WHOOSH! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rhodri

Jesse220

KJ_Lesnick

I hereby christen it the Drikening
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

JayBee

Sorry, my eyes are not focusing too well, did you say Drinkingthing?  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

KJ_Lesnick

Nah...

Draken
Lightning

Drikening

It's got the Dr of Draken
The I in lightning
The K in Draken
and "ning" in Lightning
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

albeback

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on August 09, 2014, 06:54:38 PM
Nah...

Draken
Lightning

Drikening

It's got the Dr of Draken
The I in lightning
The K in Draken
and "ning" in Lightning

How about Drinking!! :lol:
Looks great with the double delta wing.My personal preference though would be to replace the nose intake with a full width radome
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

rickshaw

If you want to make your pictures all the same size and one that is reasonable for viewing, then use the tag [img width=640 height=480] instead of the standard [img] tag.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

eatthis

Quote from: rickshaw on August 10, 2014, 06:52:52 AM
If you want to make your pictures all the same size and one that is reasonable for viewing, then use the tag [img width=640 height=480] instead of the standard [img] tag.

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Mossie

Can anyone fill me in on a few details on the Genie armed P.23 Lightning?

First off is the variant, I've seen drawings of a F.1A, but the fact it was supposed to be procured alongside Red Top suggests F.3 at least, along with a snippet in the Flight archive that mentions "later" variants. If this is correct, then the F.3A/F.6 are possible?

Second, in the back of my mind, I think I read that two Squadrons would have been armed with Genie.  Is this right?  I vaguely recall that I read what Squadrons these might be, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining things?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Love the fat guppy look.....like the Monica !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?