L

EE Lightning

Started by lancer, May 21, 2003, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 13, 2017, 12:40:59 PM
It certainly made a difference  ;D

Is it just me, or do the 56 squadron check's (chequers / checkers ?) on the tail look 'false' in both the altered and unaltered shots(and I know there not, but I think it's to do with the straight edges / 90 degree angles?)

As for the first one you posted Weaver, were they perhaps trying for an 'oil painting' effect?

The reason the chequers look 'false' is probably because there's a very hard demarcation between the red and the white and JPEG processing tries to interpolate a 'gradient' from one to the other in a very short space. This leads to a pink line around the red which your eye sees but your brain doesn't want to accept, causing it to 'jiggle' and bother you.

None of the programmes I could access quickly have 'oil painting' as such, so I can neither confirm nor deny, but it's definitely a possibility. Having had a look at Photobucket's editor for the first time in years, I notice that, ironically, most of the filters there are concerned with making the pic look 'authentically' old and imperfect, rather than suspiciously pin-sharp and shiny. For example:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on March 13, 2017, 11:42:12 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on March 13, 2017, 08:16:35 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on March 13, 2017, 07:45:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 13, 2017, 07:05:34 AM
Lovely photograph

I think it is a Computer Generated painting, Chris, not a photo.

I thought it was just a recolourisation of a quite a well known photo? I thought this one, but look at the differences

So a later shot to show an 'updated' fleet, and then recolourised?

He means in this one OGL.

Front and rear aircraft are F2's, 19 and 92 Squadrons.

Gondor

Exactly so Alastair.

The 5 Sqdn F3 is only in the top pic.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 13, 2017, 01:55:30 PM
QuoteHe means in this one OGL.

Front and rear aircraft are F2's, 19 and 92 Squadrons.

Gondor

Exactly so Alastair.

The 5 Sqdn F3 is only in the top pic.

Thought that may be the case. Ive got the forum settings on my pc to have the newest post at the top of page one. So threads run backwards for me. So the first photo to you guys is the 2nd one for me.

Ive found it easier to navigate threads that way..................works for me, but maybe not for others  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2017, 10:39:51 AM
...It looks like it's impossible to paint a Lightning in a scheme that doesn't suit it.  ;D...

Idea for a GB?    :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on March 13, 2017, 04:11:22 PM

Thought that may be the case. Ive got the forum settings on my pc to have the newest post at the top of page one. So threads run backwards for me. So the first photo to you guys is the 2nd one for me.

Ive found it easier to navigate threads that way..................works for me, but maybe not for others  :thumbsup:

Me too. The first forum I ever went on had the posts arranged that way so it's my brain's 'default'.

The simplest way to avoid confusion is to quote the post number, rather than saying thnigs like "the one above/below that one".
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Martin H

Quote from: zenrat on March 14, 2017, 02:59:33 AM
...It looks like it's impossible to paint a Lightning in a scheme that doesn't suit it.  ;D...

Absolute heresy! ;) :wacko:

I like it  :thumbsup:
Unfortunately,

Gondor

Ive got the forum settings on my pc to have the newest post at the top of page one. So threads run backwards for me. So the first photo to you guys is the 2nd one for me.

That explains a lot  :rolleyes: ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on March 14, 2017, 03:11:09 AM

Me too. The first forum I ever went on had the posts arranged that way so it's my brain's 'default'.

The simplest way to avoid confusion is to quote the post number, rather than saying thnigs like "the one above/below that one".

How I have it to
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

I'm now totally confused  :o ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I already have a six gun F.2A in the works, just thought that I should probably do in in some Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard unit, probably Texas  :rolleyes: ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 14, 2017, 08:09:58 AM

Im told its an age thing Chris.......................

<ducks for cover>
Unfortunately,

jcf

Quote from: Gondor on March 14, 2017, 11:03:50 AM

I already have a six gun F.2A in the works, just thought that I should probably do in in some Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard unit, probably Texas  :rolleyes: ;D

Gondor

I also have a six-gun USAF Lightning in-work (languishing rather, to be honest), 1/48 F.6, and was planning on Yosemite Sam tail art.  ;D
Ahm the rootinest, tootinest shootinest hombre this sahd of the Pecos.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on March 14, 2017, 12:30:27 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 14, 2017, 08:09:58 AM

Im told its an age thing Chris.......................

<ducks for cover>

As I now have the bus pass, rail pass and O.A.P. payment I can't really argue Martin  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 15, 2017, 07:10:11 AM

As I now have the bus pass, rail pass and O.A.P. payment I can't really argue Martin  ;)

Yeah, it's GREAT 'innit?  ;D

And the Winter Fuel Supplement too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

How have we gone from talking about one of the fastest forms of transport ever to talking about two of the slowest (buses and trains)? Oh wait a minute, we're in Britain, arn't we? :banghead:

- Indiana Jones