WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Quote from: Weaver on May 23, 2014, 02:21:06 PM
Quote from: pyro-manic on May 23, 2014, 10:53:48 AM
It's Japanese. Google tends to struggle with it.
Sure about that?
Yes.
Looks like a typical Google translation from Japanese. Try setting the translation page to do it from Chinese - and the result will look pretty interesting ;)

Weaver

Quote from: perttime on May 24, 2014, 03:57:11 AM
Sure about that?
Yes.
Looks like a typical Google translation from Japanese. Try setting the translation page to do it from Chinese - and the result will look pretty interesting ;)

Sorry: I meant are you sure about Italeri re-releasing it?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Sure about that?

A web search only finds images of the old Supermodel box. Italeri re-released the MB-339C and the MB-326K faily recently, but they're not the same thing.

Not at all sure! Thought I'd seen it in my LHS, but perhaps it was one of the others......  :blink:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

Italeri re-released the MB339K kit fairly recently.

Sure about that?

A web search only finds images of the old Supermodel box. Italeri re-released the MB-339C and the MB-326K faily recently, but they're not the same thing.

According to the 'Big Book', Italeri has never produced a 1/72 Aermacchi of any sorts up to 2003.  The two that are listed  (MB-326A and AMX) are 1/48 kits and the MB-326A is an ex-Esci kit. But I can't say what has been done since 2007 though, the book listings end at that time as the author retired.

As an aside, Italeri and Supermodel were one entity at one time, a company called Aliplast which didn't last long.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Well Italeri have definately issued an MB-326A and an MB-326K in 1/72nd recently because I've got both of them upstairs! They also have an MB-339C out. My understanding is that all of these are old Supermodel molds.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Go4fun

Oh heck! Just set the translator to Hopi and really have fun sorting it out.  :wacko:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Old Wombat

Quote from: Go4fun on May 28, 2014, 07:21:51 PM
Oh heck! Just set the translator to Hopi and really have fun sorting it out.  :wacko:

Some people really need to keep taking their med's! :blink:

;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on May 28, 2014, 01:59:55 PM
Well Italeri have definately issued an MB-326A and an MB-326K in 1/72nd recently because I've got both of them upstairs! They also have an MB-339C out. My understanding is that all of these are old Supermodel molds.

Like I said Weaver, after 2007 the 'Big Book' isn't much help.  Supermodel has a history of 'coming & going' over the years they operated and the comment in that company' listing is that they have gone for good this time.  So Italeri taking over their moulds is a good possibility.  Do you have their box numbers handy so I can write them down  please.

I've got a Supermodel MB-339 in the stash, can't remember which variant though and I haven't seen it in years --  :lol:

Weaver

No problem:

Italeri No.1308 : MB 326 : 1/72nd scale

Five decal options:
3 x Italian Air Force : overall orange
1 x Royal Australian Air Force Roulettes aerobatic team : orange/white/silver
1 x Brazillian Air Force : dk green/med green/tan cammo

Italeri No.1334 : MB 326K Impala : 1/72nd scale

Six decal options:
2 x South African Air Force : dk green/lt brown cammo, 1 x 1970 markings, 1 x 1990 markings
2 x Italian Air Force : dk green/lt green/tan cammo
1 x Brazillian Air Force : dk green/lt brown cammo
1 x Dubai Police Air Wing : dk green/lt green/tan cammo

Havn't got the MB.339.

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I had the Frecce Tricolori version of the 339 until about 2 months ago. I recall it was pretty impressive,, and the decal sheet was outstanding!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Green Dragon

That 48th AMX never got released kitnut, I remember seeing box art in the catalogue but no kit appeared. I would have bought a LOT of them.
Italeri's CR32 (Kit No.1322) is ex Supermodel too but has supposedly been upgraded in their Historic Upgrade Program.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Cool ! Wonder if it becomes airborne at surface ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 03, 2014, 04:32:56 AM
I like the way this person thinks.

Rotodyne Submarine

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal13/12901-13000/gal12938-Rotordyne-Kuyper/00.shtm

All together now :-

'WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW ROTODYNE.....'  ;D

It even scans too!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit