WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Twitter just revealed the comic artists called the Etherington Brothers to me, and it looks like they have lots of funky ideas for everything from hovering hot-rods to hickpunk spaceships:

There is LOADS more where these came from. I could see anyone who likes sci-fi and cars getting well lost in there:

This is their Twitter account: @EtheringtonBros

This is their blog: http://theetheringtonbrothers.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/both-full-sets-of-rocketspeeder-designs.html

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 31, 2016, 08:14:19 AM
That Buckskin is really cool !

That's a nice idea, and I like most about it the obscure jet trainer basis. Proportions look a little odd, though - but I feel tempted to build one, though, also in this all-blue livery. Looks neat and delicate. Cool find!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

The floating Hot rods are pretty cool.  Very nice penmanship.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

I have found, with unclear name/no-title, a group of many Lego weird aircraft shapes...
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/dieselpunk,plane/Interesting

I love! :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

There are many LEGO Groups/builders on FlickR - there are also many impressive whiffy ground vehicles and reconstructions of real aircraft.

perttime

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Flyer on September 16, 2016, 06:13:59 PM
I'd make a few changes but this has got me thinking: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ff/88/fc/ff88fcb15aa78842ae2b5e68e95f8655.jpg  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
This  Photopaint work was performed by our member Stargazer when he was there (no more alas), maybe it is somewhere in his topic on this forum (profiles and cgi part), even if the pictures have been discarded here.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on September 16, 2016, 07:53:28 PM

This  Photopaint work was performed by our member Stargazer when he was there (no more alas), maybe it is somewhere in his topic on this forum (profiles and cgi part), even if the pictures have been discarded here.

Yes indeed, losing Stephane was a big loss to our Forum here.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 17, 2016, 07:18:46 AM
Quote from: Tophe on September 16, 2016, 07:53:28 PM

Yes indeed, losing Stephane was a big loss to our Forum here.  :banghead:

He's still around, over on The Secret Projects Forum
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Glad to hear he's still around !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

"Is this a whif?"

"No, this is Patrick!"

:mellow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

RAFF-35

Found these He.119 whiffs that certainly got the cogs turning....

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up