WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Found while googling. Is this a full whiff or is inspired on a RW project?

Will die without understanding this world.

AS.12

I suppose whether this is a WHIF or not depends on your perspective.  A model kit of the Ark of the Covenant:

http://goldenarmor.com/arkhomepage/

zenrat

Quote from: AS.12 on October 29, 2018, 01:25:43 AM
I suppose whether this is a WHIF or not depends on your perspective.  A model kit of the Ark of the Covenant:

How did I live not knowing I needed one of these?

I now have the Raiders theme stuck on my cerebral jukebox.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Were ancient hebrews experts in chrome plating?  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on October 29, 2018, 03:08:49 AM

How did I live not knowing I needed one of these?

I now have the Raiders theme stuck on my cerebral jukebox.

I wonder whether it runs off single-phase or three-phase, how long the cable is and whether it comes with a three-pin plug or not?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

I was looking for information about sensible (well, real, at least) tanks, and found some pictures of silly tanks. Enjoy:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

2nd one down is RW, believe it or not (the US Military Observer seeing it in the parade couldn't)
NZ's home-made Bob Semple tank:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Semple_tank

The third may be too, something cobbled together to de-ice and -snow runways. At least something like that was made, anyway.

Cheers

Scotaidh

The last one, the "Too Much Vodka" one, looks do-able.  :)  I'd like to see the judges' faces on seeing that at a competition!  ;D ;D
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

Maybe do-able, but moving on any slope might topple this head-heavy thing over, and I'd expect that the turret could be hardly turned around at all - the original KW-2 had already problems with this when it did not stand on level ground...

Weaver

Quote from: Scotaidh on November 12, 2018, 02:52:10 AM
The last one, the "Too Much Vodka" one, looks do-able.  :)  I'd like to see the judges' faces on seeing that at a competition!  ;D ;D

"You never knew a tank needed an elevator until..."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 12, 2018, 02:54:54 AM
Maybe do-able, but moving on any slope might topple this head-heavy thing over, and I'd expect that the turret could be hardly turned around at all - the original KW-2 had already problems with this when it did not stand on level ground...

FOR EVERY SOVIETS ENGINEERING PROBLEM IS THERE SOVIETS ENGINEERING SOLUTION!

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

LOL! But where do the three engines to move it at all go...?  :o

Weaver

What? You want to go fast in that thing? C'mon, that's just silly...

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Well, some kind of movement (except for toppling over) would be nice and helpful, I think...?