WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Creak

Quote from: RotorheadTX on July 01, 2011, 03:38:00 PMI beg to differ - you're overworking it. Scale-o-rama it up to 1/48th, so the fuselage width doesn't need such a drastic change, and then graft on a fighter- or cobra-style cockpit.
Wouldn't work: you'd have the wrong fuselage width to wingspan ratio.
It's either narrow down the fuselage or increase the span. Both would take some work.
What if... I had a brain?

chrisonord

Quote from: philp on July 01, 2011, 12:09:24 AM
This looks pretty nice.

more stuff spread through out the site.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57465
I have just the thing to build one of these out of  :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

upnorth

Quote from: RotorheadTX on July 01, 2011, 03:38:00 PM
Quote from: upnorth on July 01, 2011, 05:07:02 AM

I'd be inclined to reduce the fuselage width of the Revell 1/72 228 until you could fit it with a cockpit and canopy from something like an Apache or Huey Cobra. From there, the wings wouldn't need too much cutting from their original shape to achieve what you see in those drawings. I'd also cut off and invert the rear fuselage to get that downslope.

I beg to differ - you're overworking it. Scale-o-rama it up to 1/48th, so the fuselage width doesn't need such a drastic change, and then graft on a fighter- or cobra-style cockpit.

Fair enough if 1/48 is your thing. I'm a 1/72 guy myself.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

tahsin

The Nationstates site seems to be some sort of alternate history and didn't we all get involved in such planning ? Once I was having 2000 Tomcats and that only in the Navy . As such the guy seems to be interested only in cool looking designs . As an inspiration source , I wouldn't have any trouble with that thread .

Looking down the pages there is a guy called Mega Russia and he orders so many things and the defence company reminds that they don't have the money to buy it all . IMHO this is the part where the thread strays from  RL totally  ;)

IanH

Quote from: tahsin on July 02, 2011, 02:12:19 AM
The Nationstates site seems to be some sort of alternate history and didn't we all get involved in such planning ? Once I was having 2000 Tomcats and that only in the Navy . As such the guy seems to be interested only in cool looking designs . As an inspiration source , I wouldn't have any trouble with that thread .

Looking down the pages there is a guy called Mega Russia and he orders so many things and the defence company reminds that they don't have the money to buy it all . IMHO this is the part where the thread strays from  RL totally  ;)
I believe that it's the website for one of those wargames you play by Post - Like Civilisation ;D

Weaver

The thing with the Do-228 wing has the centre and rear fuselage of a Ka-50 Hokum. Hard to say where the front end's from.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Here is the Elint version.

And there is also the single engine version.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Macross VF-1A "Valkyrie" - 'JAS1A'

More
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

People make such cool stuff  :wub: Love the Swede Macross fighter and the F-22. Fichtenfoo must be bad at something but whatever it is I haven't seen it yet!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

famvburg

It doesn't look so much like a single engined version as it does an entirely different aircraft.

Quote from: philp on July 02, 2011, 05:43:07 PM
Here is the Elint version.

And there is also the single engine version.

GTX

rallymodeller

It's nice, but the builder says it's "scratchbuilt". No way. It ain't scratchbuilt -- or even that heavily modified. it's a 1/72 Kotobukiya "JGSDF AH Hellhound" from the anime "Patlabor". Really nice kit -- got a couple of 'em myself.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Spey_Phantom

i found this Batplane conversion of the A-6 Intruder  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

GTX

Looks like a A-6 node/cockpit + a F-35 tail/engine + wings from God knows ;D

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.