WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

I think the spit looks like a British 108. Could maybe the hurricane be bodged from a late mark spit and a typhoon tail?
secretprojects forum migrant

Spey_Phantom

hey, look what i found this morning  :wub:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Why would he need two contra-rotors?

Running one the opposite way round to the other would cancel out the torque, like a Chinook does.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2012, 12:48:57 AM

Running one the opposite way round to the other would cancel out the torque, like a Chinook does.

Yup, but it does look good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RussC

I think the fellow on the ramp is kicking the tires!
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Aircav

Quote from: RussC on July 14, 2012, 10:20:57 AM

May be its up for sale.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Caveman

Quote from: RussC on July 14, 2012, 10:20:57 AM

how else do you check the airworthiness of an aircraft...?
secretprojects forum migrant

kerick

The builder of this gem does awesome work! I love it!!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2012, 12:48:57 AM

Reduced swept volume? It looks like you could strike that down on a carrier without folding the rotors. Mind you, you'd probably need a facility to wind the undercarriage clearance down in order to fit it in vertically....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Found this while searching for the Airfix Jungle Outpost.

This data is from the site:

Type 100 O-I Superheavy Tank (1/72 World at Arms model, crew Milicast)

O-I was the name given to a proposed series of Japanese super-heavy tanks, to be used in the Pacific Theatre. The vehicle was truly a behemoth and similar in size to the German Maus. Exact information is lacking however and many claims contradict each other; it is unknown whether the vehicle was truly built or ever saw combat.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Alvis 3.14159

Egads! Seems like everyone was into monster tank designs back then. Gee, I wonder why they never got used?  :rolleyes:

Now, what did the Soviets have for insanely huge tank designs? They were all about "bigger is better" design...I guess they likely thought of putting the ship Aurora on tracks at one point...:)

Alvis Pi

dy031101

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on July 15, 2012, 10:26:45 AM
Now, what did the Soviets have for insanely huge tank designs?

KV-5.  Don't know if it's of compatible scale though.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

NARSES2

Nice find Philip, it's got a very Soviet look about the turrets. Possibly influenced by Kalkhin Gol ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Quote from: kerick on July 14, 2012, 04:43:46 PM
The builder of this gem does awesome work! I love it!!!

José Garcia, a.k.a. Cutangus, one of my favorite virtual (i.e. non-plastic) whiffers!

http://cutangus.deviantart.com

tahsin

He is such a source of inspiration, isn't he? Just a tour in his gallery and right there ı found this wheeled TIE-Fighter.