WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

A couple of similar things have been encountered in South America, built by drug dealers.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

Love the stuff from the video game...especially that C-17 type thing. I love the 'shoulders' on it. Looks like it was designed to carry external loads above the fuselage.

The homeland defence vehicle is hilarious ! Love the little shovel stuck to the side....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sisko

Seeing what our talented boilermakers at my mine can do with bisalloy plate, plasma cutters and welders an armored car would be fairly straight forward.

Impressive ingenuity.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Weaver

Some inspiring Vehicle concepts from artist Chris Bonura:

http://chrisbonura.carbonmade.com/projects/2611094#1

Can't post pictures directly, but scroll through to the last two: these seem to have commonality with the various "fighter-plane hot-rod" designs knocking around at the moment.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

The VW looks like something the paintball crowd would do. The armor plated one looks like its meant for real bullets.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Father Ennis

I checked out that link and there is tons of insperation to be got there !!!

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on February 25, 2013, 09:36:11 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 25, 2013, 08:19:00 AM

The incredibly versatile VW Beetle.  While I'd rethink the chain drive for the rear sprocket, I think the US Military should contemplate using them to replace the HMMWV

I am lead to believe that this Beetle led to the rushed development  of the Dehaviland Devastating Terminator  , or DDT  missile.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Can the driver see out of the windscreen or has he/she got radar?

martinbayer

Who needs radar if you've got missiles to clear your path ;D?

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

perttime

The VW seems to have narrow slits for forward visibility.
The Syrian DIY armored vehicle has video cameras for driver and gunner. The gunner also has a Playstation controller...

Dizzyfugu

Found this Australian blog with some nice ideas/profiles, e .g. the JASDF F-5Es and the Aussie J-10(!). Not much (yet), but with potential  :thumbsup:

http://zedhobbies.blogspot.com.au/p/what-if-gallery.html

CANSO

One of the most amazing modeler's blog I've found on the web.:o
Check e.g.this or this or any other.
The concepts are also very imaginative :thumbsup:.
I haven't seen these particular models here yet, but if I repeat anybody else's post, please xcus me.

pyro-manic

Wow, he certainly has done some good stuff!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<