WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

From the notes on several of the pictures he's Russian or at least East European.  Loads of interesting designs.  Very inspirational.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Cliffy B

If you go to his root page (click on his name) and look at the top left you'll see that he's Ukrainian.  There's gotta be something in the water over there or something.  Eastern Europeans come up with the sickest ideas when it comes to whiffs it seems  :wacko:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Tophe

Wonderful! I have saved 10 of them on my computer, preciously, especially the modern parasol-wing twin-boomer, very nice! Thanks!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

tahsin

Summary of Westland designs ending with What if

Weaver

Quote from: tahsin on January 03, 2011, 02:25:50 AM
Summary of Westland designs ending with What if

The Singlewind was Tophe's and do you realise what this means? We've corrupted Greg Goebel!  :blink: ;D

Martin has built a "Lightningwind" too.

I probably wasn't the first, but I know I've suggested two of the other designs on there and a "Mercurywind" which was effectively the same as the Waspwind.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Cliffy B

How about a Cyclonewind with Wright R-3350s?  :wacko:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

beowulf

http://acroairwolf.beepworld.de/plastikmodelleww2.htm

dont know if this has been posted before..............all in german..........some interesting stuff
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

GTX

Quote from: beowulf on January 11, 2011, 03:45:43 PM
http://acroairwolf.beepworld.de/plastikmodelleww2.htm

dont know if this has been posted before..............all in german..........some interesting stuff

Nice find - I really like the high-altitude Messerschmitt - huge wing + radar + missiles? + contraprops + second seat:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

beowulf

im quite taken with the rocket powered RC glider vid ..........and the RC Hawk with the cam on looks tasty too  :wub:
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

tahsin

Nice find indeed . What I liked more was his interest in F-104s middle  of this page...

beowulf

Captain Canada

That german VTOL 104 is awesome !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

FAR148

Taiidantomcat

We need to get him over here! great model  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Quote from: tahsin on January 12, 2011, 01:59:42 AM
Nice find indeed . What I liked more was his interest in F-104s middle  of this page...

That's a good one! Didn't somebody on here do some V/STOL F-104s with batteries of lift jets in the tip tanks?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones