WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffy B

Nice group there Greg.  I especially like the Stratotanker flamethrower attachment  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Stargazer

Don't know if these great kits already appear on the forum, but I couldn't resist sharing them with you!

All these pics can be enlarged from the original webpage, a great online resource on the V-1 and all its variants/derivatives:

http://maquettes-missiles.blogspot.com/p/lhistoire-du-fieseler-fi-103-fzg-76-ou.html

Stargazer

In a totally different vein, I love these Sikorsky CH-53E SkyCrane and SpeedCrane variations:

SIKORSKY CH-53E SKYCRANE (CH-53E engines/rotors + S-64/CH-54 SkyCrane body)

SIKORSKY CH-53E SPEEDCRANE (Strategic Reach through Piasecki VTDP technology)

All these pics can be enlarged from the original webpage:

http://www.combatreform.org/AIR_MECH_STRIKE/

rickshaw

Gah!  No!  Its Sparky's stuff!!!!!!!   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Quote from: rickshaw on March 02, 2011, 08:30:55 PM

Heh - in all fairness, he builds some interesting models to illustrate his ideas, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S DECENT AND GOOD DO NOT SEND HIM AN INVITE!!!!!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on March 03, 2011, 02:37:32 AM

Heh - in all fairness, he builds some interesting models to illustrate his ideas, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S DECENT AND GOOD DO NOT SEND HIM AN INVITE!!!!!  ;D

lol...im intrigued now........why not?......whats the story?  :unsure:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

rickshaw

Quote from: beowulf on March 03, 2011, 04:51:23 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 03, 2011, 02:37:32 AM

lol...im intrigued now........why not?......whats the story?  :unsure:

The man is notorious.  He is a zealot and when people refuse to accept his advocacy of his ideas - usually because of their foolishness he tends to spit the dummy in a big way.    I know of at least three or four forums where he's been banned (several times usually).   He's the man responsible for the non-name "Gavin" being assigned to the M113 (which does not and never has had a name assigned to it in official nomenclature and unofficially, what names have been assigned to it by soldiers have not included the word "Gavin"!). 

So, whatever you do, don't invite him here, please?   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Armor on the Airhead indeed.  ;D

beowulf

lol!...no worries....just wondered

i wonder why Gavin?................it always looked more like a 'Nigel' to me  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Weaver

Quote from: beowulf on March 04, 2011, 12:36:27 AM

i wonder why Gavin?................it always looked more like a 'Nigel' to me  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's after a US general called Gavin, on the lines of Patton, Abrams, Bradley etc...

I have considered starting a campaign to re-instated the ONTOS, and have it re-named the "Tracy", on the basis that it can do everything from hunt submarines to shoot down satellites if I bang on about it enough, and only the hide-bound conservative military ESTABLISHMENT and their corrupt political paymasters who are in the pockets of the MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL-COMPLEX pork-barrel TECHNO-fetishists are standing in the WAY of this revolutionary idea which will utterly REFORM combat as we know it and make the US ARMY an ARMY again instead of brass-button HEAVY ARMOUR uniform polishers, and they'll not only be 1026% more efficient but they'll be able to read REALLY long SENTENCES as well....

...but I havn't, 'cos the truth is the man is beyond irony... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Missed the Aussie Buccaneer (Bucc-a-roo???), like the Cap'n says, a should have been.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on March 04, 2011, 04:23:51 AM
Quote from: beowulf on March 04, 2011, 12:36:27 AM

i wonder why Gavin?................it always looked more like a 'Nigel' to me  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's after a US general called Gavin, on the lines of Patton, Abrams, Bradley etc...

I have considered starting a campaign to re-instated the ONTOS, and have it re-named the "Tracy", on the basis that it can do everything from hunt submarines to shoot down satellites if I bang on about it enough, and only the hide-bound conservative military ESTABLISHMENT and their corrupt political paymasters who are in the pockets of the MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL-COMPLEX pork-barrel TECHNO-fetishists are standing in the WAY of this revolutionary idea which will utterly REFORM combat as we know it and make the US ARMY an ARMY again instead of brass-button HEAVY ARMOUR uniform polishers, and they'll not only be 1026% more efficient but they'll be able to read REALLY long SENTENCES as well....

...but I havn't, 'cos the truth is the man is beyond irony... :rolleyes:

dy031101

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on February 28, 2011, 04:41:13 PM
In a totally different vein, I love these Sikorsky CH-53E SkyCrane and SpeedCrane variations......
All these pics can be enlarged from the original webpage:

http://www.combatreform.org/AIR_MECH_STRIKE/
Quote from: rickshaw on March 03, 2011, 05:33:37 PM
He's the man responsible for the non-name "Gavin" being assigned to the M113 (which does not and never has had a name assigned to it in official nomenclature and unofficially, what names have been assigned to it by soldiers have not included the word "Gavin"!).

I'm surprised that the vehicle under the SkyCrane isn't a M113......

Nevertheless, I think Stargazer2006 should be commended for re-posting the pictures here.  It's still within the boundary of What-if if taken without the author's advocacy.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

beowulf

wonder why he has a fixation on the M113?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Rat

Quote from: beowulf on March 05, 2011, 03:28:40 AM
wonder why he has a fixation on the M113?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

After having spent more than a few hours in them, I can't figure it out either!  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr