WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

The way I see it, hotlinking is only an issue when the guy who uploaded it to his site wants you to view his page and not have part of the content posted anywhere else. Fair enough.
The idea of Photobucket, on the other hand, is to host your images with the specific purpose to link them onto another site. No malicious intentions there.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

IanH

Quote from: GTX on June 11, 2011, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: Stargazer2006 on June 11, 2011, 05:56:04 AM
In the meantime, I had to resort to the hotlinking solution...

Was that really so hard or painful?
BOOM CHIKKA WA WA...

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Stargazer

What do you mean, "pretty nice"?  :blink: Il looks S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G !!!!!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Stargazer

Quote from: philp on July 01, 2011, 12:09:24 AM
more stuff spread through out the site.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57465

I wasn't able to find the above project at the URL you provided, but there are a few more so-called imaginary designs which are all genuine industry projects in fact (even the markings on the original company artwork has been left unchanged!):

The FA-21B Wyvern is (I think) an FA-XX proposal by Lockheed and Boeing:

The FGR-23 Javelin is the proposed Boeing/Northrop Grumman "FB-23":

The GR-32 Venom is simply the Boeing X-32 in production form:

The KC-330 Taurus is another real Lockheed Martin proposal:

The E-44 Sentinel is simply the unbuilt Yak-44:

The UT-77 Vixen is simply the Bell/Agusta BA609 (now Agusta/Westland AW609):

The AT-77 Fox is the planned AV-22 attack version of the Bell/Boeing Osprey:

I'm pretty sure I've seen the KC-230 Ox (KC-390), UT-88 Bison and MP-9 AUK before, but I can't identify them right now:

The ARH-1 Mongoose is just the Agusta A129 Mangusta attack helo:

So although these are pleasant and inspiring designs, I wouldn't call them Whiffs, strictly speaking. What remains to be seen, though, is what the helo in the original post could be (IF it is a real company design).

Pablo1965

The four propeller convertiplane is amazing and practical.  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Mossie

This looks pretty nice.

I like that.  At first glance, it looks like a number of aircraft but then when you look closer it's not really like anything else.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

upnorth

Quote from: Mossie on July 01, 2011, 04:11:43 AM
This looks pretty nice.

I like that.  At first glance, it looks like a number of aircraft but then when you look closer it's not really like anything else.

I disagree. To my eyes, the core of it is clearly a retailored Dornier 228.

I'd be inclined to reduce the fuselage width of the Revell 1/72 228 until you could fit it with a cockpit and canopy from something like an Apache or Huey Cobra. From there, the wings wouldn't need too much cutting from their original shape to achieve what you see in those drawings. I'd also cut off and invert the rear fuselage to get that downslope.

I'd be inclined to bash the Dornier with the Matchbox/Revell Twin Otter for the latter's more substantial horizontal tail surfaces and bigger engine pods.

Beyond that, it would simply be a matter of making some suitable tail endplates from sheet styrene, retailoring the fuselage sponsons and sourcing some taller landing gear.

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

ChernayaAkula

^ Do 228 would've been my guess as well. :thumbsup:

Fantastic design!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

I see what you mean guys, the wing is close, the nose & fuselage shape similar.  I knew it seemed familiar!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Stargazer,
The link to the pic I posted is on page 9 of the thread about half way down.  There is a box marked OV-12 Falcon.  You click on the box and it opens several options.  The one I posted is the Night Attack version.  There are lots more of these things spread throughout the site which I haven't had time to look at.
Some good pics show up on page 1, 16 & 17.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

RotorheadTX

Quote from: upnorth on July 01, 2011, 05:07:02 AM

I'd be inclined to reduce the fuselage width of the Revell 1/72 228 until you could fit it with a cockpit and canopy from something like an Apache or Huey Cobra. From there, the wings wouldn't need too much cutting from their original shape to achieve what you see in those drawings. I'd also cut off and invert the rear fuselage to get that downslope.

I beg to differ - you're overworking it. Scale-o-rama it up to 1/48th, so the fuselage width doesn't need such a drastic change, and then graft on a fighter- or cobra-style cockpit.

Mossie

ChernayaAkula

Found on Fichtenfoo:

1/48 Evangelion Raptor

Combining left-over Evangelion EVA 01 decals with a 1/48 Raptor. More pics >>HERE<<.

EDIT: Since I found while looking for a link to the Evangelion Raptor and since there's no dedicated Fichtenfoo thread yet, I think this will fit here just fine:

After the Fantastic Fish-Shaped Submersible, coming soon:

The Hornethopter
Scourge of the Derrigible! Woe of the Mighty Airships!

SOURCE
Cheers,
Moritz