WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Yes indeedie.  Glad you could join us.

Looking forward to your upcoming threads (you know you want to).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard Russ, beautifull flying wings  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TsrJoe

welcome on board, compiments on your excellent modelling too  :thumbsup:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

RussC

Thanks Again, everyone. It looks like members of this group comb a variety of scale models web sites and blogs to bring What-if's here. There is a BBS for 1/144th scale modelmakers at - http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpBB3/index.php. The group site has a What-if topics area, quite a few Small-Scale entries there, a few of mine also.  :mellow:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Weaver

Hi Russ - your flying wings are excellent. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

beowulf

not quite whilst googling................found on a small armour forum i frequent...........invite sent  ;D

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

GTX

I see a distinct similarity in the second one to this concept I did a while back:

Which forum were they on?  Who did them?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

beowulf

Quote from: GTX on September 05, 2011, 03:59:35 AM
I see a distinct similarity in the second one to this concept I did a while back:

lol...just realised he even posted a link to YOUR thread on here as his inspiration!  :banghead:

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.org/t4621-messerschmitt-bf-109p-preusenblitz-and-bf-109m
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

GTX

Quote from: beowulf on September 05, 2011, 04:22:26 AM

lol...just realised he even posted a link to YOUR thread on here as his inspiration!  :banghead:

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.org/t4621-messerschmitt-bf-109p-preusenblitz-and-bf-109m

Bugger!  Can't see without registering.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

beowulf

Quote from: GTX on September 05, 2011, 11:01:06 AM
Quote from: beowulf on September 05, 2011, 04:22:26 AM

Bugger!  Can't see without registering.

and he is having a similar problem joining here,...just got a pm from him........every time he tries to register he gets a 'Sorry, registration is currently disabled' message  :angry:..................anyone got an idea whats causing it?

NARSES2

Quote from: beowulf on September 11, 2011, 01:34:26 AM

and he is having a similar problem joining here,...just got a pm from him........every time he tries to register he gets a 'Sorry, registration is currently disabled' message  :angry:..................anyone got an idea whats causing it?

See your PM folder

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

MilitaryAircraft101

I'm pretty sure thats no whif.  :-\ But there may be something I'm not in on

Maverick

I think you'll find the Aussie bird Ben posted is a F/A-18E Super Hornet rather than the AF-18A in the picture of the 'real thing'.  The LERX on the model looks quite different to that of the photo which, in planform, is one of the real differences betwixt the two types.

Therein lies the whif and quite a subtle one when viewed from some angles.

Regards,

Mav

NARSES2

Quote from: Maverick on September 19, 2011, 11:32:24 PM

Therein lies the whif and quite a subtle one when viewed from some angles.

Regards,

Mav

Indeed it does and it went past me as well