WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Stargazer

Just stumbled upon this fantastic page from the site: Cyberpunk 2021.

http://cyberpunk.asia/vehicules.php?cat=8&lng=fr

I'm sampling here a handful of the 24 designs found there. I suspect they were not all created for that site, and may have been snatched from other pages, especially the "Learjet" one which seems like some company's genuine design.

Airbus A4-88

BAe-Westland V-30 Seraph

Chinese V-29 Panda

Mexair GPP-15 Maria

Sukhoi SUTR-449 Marlin

RussC

The Boeing 999 produced a gasp when I viewed it. Really, Really inspirational. Some of these are pretty obvious, the Airbus flying boat looks like a Shin Meiwa PS1 thats been pulled and stretched, and converted to turbofans.

A few of the tilt rotors are very Avatar (Samson/Scorpion) vehicles inspired, and the E26 sentry is a near copy of a craft seen in the Anime series Macross (Or Robotech in the US) called the "Cat's Eye". The EEC C-220 Air Whale is a transport from that same anime. The Lear is very Concordial in appearance.

Quite a few however are really original like the Beluga, and seem based on fish forms or insects.

One great thing about video games (if that is possible) is the acceptance of unique and fictional craft - welcome to whiffage! 
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Pablo1965

Hehe, the Mexair is like a He111 AWAKS. :thumbsup:

dy031101

Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 21, 2011, 06:04:28 AM
Hehe, the Mexair is like a He111 AWAKS. :thumbsup:

I think it's adapted from Yuri's Revenge.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Green Dragon

Seen a lot of them on other various sites, several are anime designs (Appleseed, Ghost In The Shell, Macross etc.) slightly tweaked from the original art. The Supersonic Biz Jet design looks like a cut out of a pic that was in Flight International some time in the 1980's, think the colour version was in Air International (Metallic Maroon trim IIRC). All very nice designs, hadn't seen the Westland one before and I might try it with a Blackhawk fuse.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

raafif

some good stuff on their other pages too -- boats, cars, motorcycles etc !  :party:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

AXU

RussC

That helicopter machine is really interesting, at first I thought it was some strange mistel thing, but then its clear that it is a heavy lift "Skycrane" type of thing with a carried pod.

The Wallace and Grommit plane is really cool.

dumaniac

The ships are great

the german aircraft was great also

thanks

Pablo1965

I supose the german helicopter will be a substitute of the german gliders. In Crete  could had been very useful.

RussC

Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 23, 2011, 09:46:05 AM
I supose the german helicopter will be a substitute of the german gliders. In Crete  could had been very useful.

I think Otto Skorzeny would have made a lot more sneaky operations if he had these ! Imagine quietly autorotating into the Kremlin courtyard some evening....

Pablo1965

Quote from: RussC on October 23, 2011, 12:54:28 PM
Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 23, 2011, 09:46:05 AM

I think Otto Skorzeny would have made a lot more sneaky operations if he had these ! Imagine quietly autorotating into the Kremlin courtyard some evening....

Hehehe, behind the lines. :blink: