WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilitaryAircraft101

Sweet!  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Now I've got to get my skates on an build a X-Wing/Tie Fighter dogfight. USAF v NVAF

AXU

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Pablo1965

Amazing Harriers, and great ideas. :thumbsup:

RussC

Nice ideas, especially the fork tailed Harrier. :mellow:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Stargazer

I could be wrong but I believe these are all genuine Hawker Siddeley design proposals.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

RussC

Quote from: Aircav on November 27, 2011, 10:48:18 AM
A full-size Whif, well sort of....... ;D
http://www.letsgoseeit.com/index/county/rvr/riverside/loc02/fo141/fo141.htm

And right next to the Gnat is displayed one of the old Vermont ANG B-57 Canberras, still in "Green Mountain Boys" markings.... Memories!

Actually there were what-if Gnats I think, there were a few in USN markings used in the comedy spoof movies made of Top Gun called "Hot Shots" about 20-ish years back.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

The Rat

Searching for some Scimitar images got me this page, with a number of whif schemes, and the Scimitar is about 3/4 of the way down.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

pyro-manic

Clave used to post here - I've certainly seen the Peruvian Scimitar before. It is glorious, though. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<