Previous topic - Next topic

bearmatt

:blink:

Wow...very very impressive! Great blog and awesome modeling skills
The carpet monster took it!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

perttime

It has:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27999.msg564392/topicseen/highlight,hushkit.html#msg564392

Hushkit has a couple of other interesting developments too, but I'm not sure those have been mentioned in this thread. At lest a Jetfire and a Twin Spitfire

NARSES2

That is a nice Hurricane. I always fancied building a bubble top (if only to avoid the canopy frames) and one with an improved canopy (Spitfire like) was started by Hawkers in 1941 intended for intruder ops. There's a line drawing in the "Mason" book. It was discontinued before completion.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CANSO

Did anybody here already build the Hasegawa "Vanship" & "Vespa"?

I couldn't find any WIP yet. :rolleyes:

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: CANSO on March 20, 2013, 09:40:01 AM
I'll be starting mine soon :)

CANSO

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on March 20, 2013, 09:57:15 AM
Quote from: CANSO on March 20, 2013, 09:40:01 AM
I'll be starting mine soon :)
SF, I've seen the "what's in the box" in your forum (was it December 2012 :rolleyes:) and really hoped you've already started it. ;) I can't wait for it!
BTW how big is the model (length)? I can only use the pilots as a scale factor in the photos and it seems to me the ship is about 15-18cm or so (without the "energizers" behind).
There is another vanship too, but it's not a kit I think.

pyro-manic

There are many different Vanships in the series - racers, fighters, etc etc. The Hase one is the only one that's been kitted AFAIK, at least in plastic (there may be some limited resin kits around somewhere). To be honest, I'd be much more interested in one of the aerial battleships! ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

The front end of the silver version looks like a medieval Knights helmet, just needs some heraldic banners and your set though I think if Terry did one it would also have a Lance.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

philp

I have been looking at my kit, doing it for a review.  Will probably stay with the hero version though there are a couple other nice color schemes in the instructs.

Per the box, length is 193mm and wing span 87mm.
The Vespa is 45mm long and 20mm wing span.

Also debating whether to make them in flight or landed.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

CANSO

Quote from: philp on March 20, 2013, 06:52:06 PM
Per the box, length is 193mm and wing span 87mm.
The Vespa is 45mm long and 20mm wing span.
Phil, thanks for the data.
Coincidentally after reading your post I found this review and the size of the fuselage + nose section without the long rear...eh...things is about 14cm. 19,3 is probably the complete length.
I just wanted to check if it still works for a 1/48 pilot/driver in a single cockpit (the front one) with some additions, some more external piping etc., minus the...eh...things behind. So it could represent an antigrav/maglev racer from a retrofuturustic, dieselpunk-ish era. Something like the one below (but without the wheels):

kitnut617

Quote from: CANSO on March 20, 2013, 08:37:51 PM
Something like the one below (but without the wheels):

Now what did that Napier Lion sound like ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

Quote from: Aircav on March 20, 2013, 01:35:47 PM
The front end of the silver version looks like a medieval Knights helmet, just needs some heraldic banners and your set though I think if Terry did one it would also have a Lance.  ;) ;D

Terry is NOT sticking me on the front of one of those bloody things...no way!!!!!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 21, 2013, 06:53:02 AM
Quote from: CANSO on March 20, 2013, 08:37:51 PM
Something like the one below (but without the wheels):

Now what did that Napier Lion sound like ?

Unbelievable! I saw it at Brooklands last year and the echo of that Lion off the banking was truly amazing. Quite what it must have been like running at 140 mph plus boggles the mind.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit