WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Judging by the uniforms though it's the Germans that nicked a Scammell and put it to use...

Aircav

They can't be German's, one of them is smiling, the uniform is just a disguise.   ;) ;D :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lenny100

shur its not the geremans who nicked the scammell and are using it
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Librarian

Quote from: Aircav on January 03, 2014, 01:43:24 PM
They can't be German's, one of them is smiling, the uniform is just a disguise.   ;) ;D :thumbsup:

Ooooh Ref! Foul. He'd be Bavarian...great senseayuma ;D. It's the Prussians that walk about with faces like a cat's arse.

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on January 03, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 03, 2014, 07:15:24 AM
Quote from: Aircav on January 02, 2014, 09:00:38 AM
British Army will pinch anything... ;D

Yup if it ain't screwed down  :wacko:
They don't have any screwdrivers?   :unsure:

Sorry mate. It's an old British saying. Basically means that if you leave something around that is quick and easy to move then someone will steal it. If you take some form of security measure then most people are to lazy to steal it  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 04, 2014, 02:02:42 AM
Quote from: perttime on January 03, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
They don't have any screwdrivers?   :unsure:

Sorry mate. It's an old British saying. Basically means that if you leave something around that is quick and easy to move then someone will steal it.
I knew that...
... basically that is what I rely on when I park my bicycle at work: a sturdy U lock fixing frame and rear wheel to a strong bike stand, and a cable through the front wheel. Too much work to take away any of the important pieces.

rickshaw

My father had a saying, many years ago, "Locks only deter honest people!"

Usually muttered as he took a pair of bolt cutters to a padlock which he'd lost the key to...  ;) ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

scooter

Quote from: rickshaw on January 04, 2014, 06:51:50 PM
My father had a saying, many years ago, "Locks only deter honest people!"

Usually muttered as he took a pair of bolt cutters to a padlock which he'd lost the key to...  ;) ;D ;D

That's why everyone in the service calls them "The Master Key".  They also deter operations.  When the 2003 Blackout hit, I got called in for potential recovery and support operations in Hoboken, NJ.  Of course, none of the mechanics got called in and none of the fulltimers had a key to the motor pool office.  So our senior NCO gave me permission to cut the locks off two of our heavy trucks that weren't prepped to roll out for Annual Training the next week.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

scooter

Whilst looking for B1 drawings, I found this critter on The-Blueprints.com (with apologies for the size of the image)-

:blink:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

Nice find Aircav ! I'll have to check that one out when the kids are done with the laptop....this old pc is just too darn slo....

And the B-1 looks neat. Kinda goofy, kinda cool !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

From GTA V.  Looks like a blending of a MH-53 and a Sea Knight or Chinook. What the hell is the creative team at Rockstar smoking  :blink:
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Green Dragon

Was thinking of doing that to one of my Italeri CH-53's.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Captain Canada

That's pretty neat ! Not a big fan of the way the rear rotor tower looks, but would have to see some more angles before casting judgement. Looks like it would also retain it's original landing gear layout ? The external tanks are huge !

My kid got that game for Christmas I'll have to ask him about finding it for me.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?