WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Could the rotodyne lift anything underslung ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 27, 2014, 04:47:19 AM

Yes.  There are published pictures showing it lifting a Bailey Bridge section.  It had a cargo hook under the fuselage.

Edit: Found an online copy of the image - http://www.jefflewis.net/graphics/aircraft/Fairey_Rotodyne_3.jpg
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Thanks you sir. An aeroplane I've always liked but really know nothing about. I had almost bought the kit a year or two ago, and a few years before that....next time it comes out I swear I will !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 27, 2014, 01:10:48 PM
Nice one ! Thanks you sir. An aeroplane I've always liked but really know nothing about. I had almost bought the kit a year or two ago, and a few years before that....next time it comes out I swear I will !

:cheers:

There's entire threads about the Rotodyne on here, you'll find all you ever wanted to know on them I expect, as well as some stuff you DON'T want to know as well.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Thanks for the tip ! I just went and watched some Youtube videos and now I have an even bigger bone, er, I mean appreciation for the aeroplane !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

martinbayer

Quote from: rickshaw on January 27, 2014, 05:39:08 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on January 27, 2014, 04:47:19 AM

Yes.  There are published pictures showing it lifting a Bailey Bridge section.  It had a cargo hook under the fuselage.

Edit: Found an online copy of the image - http://www.jefflewis.net/graphics/aircraft/Fairey_Rotodyne_3.jpg

Looking at the ground crew, it almost appears like they're playing vertical tug of war with the Rotodyne :-X!

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Captain Canada

LOL....that's a good one Martin " Hey ! Give us back our bridge !"

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: martinbayer on January 29, 2014, 01:37:14 PM
Looking at the ground crew, it almost appears like they're playing vertical tug of war with the Rotodyne :-X!

Martin

They're probably all moving their hands towards their ears to block THE NOISE!

Sorry, back on an old hobby horse of mine...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Runway ? ... on January 30, 2014, 10:32:20 AM
NOISE, WHAT NOISE?

The noise you can't hear any more because you went deaf standing close to a Rotodyne........
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Love the sound of the tip jest going by faster and faster until it's one sound....pretty sweet !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?