Captain Canada

Holy memory jogging flashback !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I've got a Shorts S30 Empire Boat 'kit' from a cornflakes box somewhere. It's about 1/500 scale IIRC.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 24, 2014, 06:43:22 AM
I've got a Shorts S30 Empire Boat 'kit' from a cornflakes box somewhere. It's about 1/500 scale IIRC.

it does exist indeed, I found that one on ebay sometime ago : quite fast assembly

but for those with sufficient skills, it can be done with improved details, such as here :

Captain Canada

Gorgeous little thing ! That second dio is awesome !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: ericr on July 24, 2014, 08:12:18 AM

but for those with sufficient skills, it can be done with improved details, such as here :

That is very good indeed. I especially like the spray which looks fantastic  :bow:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

That's amazing!  :thumbsup:

If I ever get to build mine I hope it's half as good as that one.

Mine will have longer wings of course.....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

ISTR Kelloggs giving away Airfix 1/72 DH Comets in packets of cornflakes (must have been cornflakes - mum never bought anything else).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

it would be a great giggle to built those 4 biplanes - some lozenge in wild colours - would be a lot of fun

zenrat

I've saved the image of the stop the pigeon models and have been thinking about what I could kit bash something similar with.
The Dick Dastardly one has me thinking I could possibly use a  T-Bucket car body as the core of the fuselage.

I found this today.  Shame it's 1/100 as those as are amphibian floats with nose & main wheels retracting into them.  Maybe I could stretch them for a 1/72 build?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

i didnt know Zvezda did models for the Planes sequel  :mellow:
i have 2 diecast versions o floatplane dusty (race- and firefighter colors).
the floats could go nicely on a 1/72 model, maybe an O-2 bird dog or Dh Chipmunk  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

loupgarou

NICE!
i do 1/100 models!  ;D
Thanks for having pointed it out.
Anyway, it's possible to use the floats in any scale, just choose the correct size aircraft.  ;)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

I hope those make it over here.....nice !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Zvezda does the CL215 looking one too.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?