WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Those are some beauties for sure ! Love the red one.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

Quote from: Rheged on October 14, 2014, 02:52:24 PM...and THAT Flying Standard looks nothing like the Flying Standard 8 that was my father's first car!!
It's just because the above Flying Standard is from the PAST STILL TO COME, it's retro-futuristic. Your dad's first car was from the PAST THAT HAS ALREADY PASSED, hence the visible differences. 
Today is yesterday's tomorrow, but tomorrow's yesterday as well! :unsure:

CANSO

Quote from: Madoc on October 14, 2014, 03:36:50 PM
Yeah, "dieselpunk" would be about right.  
Madoc, thank you for the additional details! :thumbsup:
It's in your description what I didn't like in the Last Exile "story": neo Napoleonic "marines", shooting with steam muskets from futuristic antigravity ships. I like anachronisms, but from a different type (like in the world of Maschinenkrieger e.g.). On the other hand Japanese animes like "The Sky Crawlers" is something I can watch more than one time.
Anyway, the techno-side of each movie fascinates me in the same way. ;D
1. Last Exile

2. The Sky Crawlers

scooter

Quote from: CANSO on October 14, 2014, 08:20:30 PM
Quote from: Rheged on October 14, 2014, 02:52:24 PM...and THAT Flying Standard looks nothing like the Flying Standard 8 that was my father's first car!!
It's just because the above Flying Standard is from the PAST STILL TO COME, it's retro-futuristic. Your dad's first car was from the PAST THAT HAS ALREADY PASSED, hence the visible differences. 

So when is "now" now?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on October 15, 2014, 02:54:15 AM

So when is "now" now?

Cue the appearance of the strange man in the blue box?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Great shot from the Skycrawlers. Big battle brewing there !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Rheged on October 15, 2014, 03:20:12 AM
Quote from: scooter on October 15, 2014, 02:54:15 AM

So when is "now" now?

Cue the appearance of the strange man in the blue box?

Its all so timey wimey.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Go4fun

So when is "now" now?
That was then Lord Helmet.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Jesse220

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Aren't you a bit tall for a schwartz lord?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

What about this pretty livery for the RAF's A400Ms?  :thumbsup:

And then I stumbled across this:

Remarkable not because of the TSR.2, rather for the fact that it is a Limited Edition Lithographic Print - it could be yours... ;): http://www.artizus.com/acatalog/info_RW115.html

TsrJoe

ah, Ronald Wong's brilliantly evocative 617sqdn TSR.2 'A-JC' streaking low over a loch  :thumbsup:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TsrJoe on October 20, 2014, 09:42:58 AM
ah, Ronald Wong's brilliantly evocative 617sqdn TSR.2 'A-JC' streaking low over a loch  :thumbsup:

Didn't Avco sponsor that print? It always seemed to be shown on their adverts in Flight Magazine.

That A400M in the Transport Command scheme looks JUST like a Belfast Thomas.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

That A400 shot is great ! Would love to see one like that. maybe a test bird or the new Snoopy ?

And always nice to see that TSR.2 painting...probably my favourite a/c painting, and most certainly my favourite TSR.2 shot !

:wub: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?