WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsport

Dizzyfugu

Not a whif, as the hardware proofs, but this Saab has a certain charm.  ;)

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 26, 2015, 06:57:15 AM
Not a whif, as the hardware proofs, but this Saab has a certain charm.  ;)

Saab SPV?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Just the job for taking models to a show, and for bringing increased stash items back as well.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2015, 07:27:44 AM
Just the job for taking models to a show, and for bringing increased stash items back as well.  ;D

Going to Otakon (a large anime convention in Baltimore) for a couple of years, my buddy and I would load up the back of my Chevy Tahoe with 6 large tubs of models for an Area 88 display in Artist's Alley.  It made for some very interesting tetrising of luggage and cargo, especially the one year we had passenger in the back seat.
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Captain Canada

That is awesome ! Small, yet big !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Zombolt

Quote from: scooter on January 26, 2015, 07:56:35 AM

Going to Otakon (a large anime convention in Baltimore) for a couple of years, my buddy and I would load up the back of my Chevy Tahoe with 6 large tubs of models for an Area 88 display in Artist's Alley.  It made for some very interesting tetrising of luggage and cargo, especially the one year we had passenger in the back seat.
What years? I may have seen that!

scooter

Quote from: Zombolt on January 26, 2015, 05:39:49 PM

1999 and 2000.  In 2000, we brought down a 1:1 scale (or over scale) Sidewinder built out of parts and pieces from Home Depot.  Got some interesting looks with it strapped to the roof of my truck.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Zombolt

Quote from: scooter on January 27, 2015, 04:59:35 AM
Quote from: Zombolt on January 26, 2015, 05:39:49 PM

1999 and 2000.  In 2000, we brought down a 1:1 scale (or over scale) Sidewinder built out of parts and pieces from Home Depot.  Got some interesting looks with it strapped to the roof of my truck.

Welp wasn't when I went. I was there '10, '12 and '13

KiwiZac

While hunting down McDonnell Douglas-Bell LHX concept art I stumbled across two very cool profiles by Photobucketeer Norman_Rockwell of the oft-forgotten LHX Utility (this was cancelled early on, leaving the programme with SCAT - the Scout/Attack which eventually lead to Comanche):

Very slick! I'd only ever seen one Utility picture before, the painting of the Boeing-Sikorsky proposal being overflown by their SCAT.

Now. Who wants to build one? I must say the rotor looks like it should be a little wider.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Jesse220

Quote from: KiwiZac on January 28, 2015, 11:26:00 AM
While hunting down McDonnell Douglas-Bell LHX concept art I stumbled across two very cool profiles by Photobucketeer Norman_Rockwell of the oft-forgotten LHX Utility (this was cancelled early on, leaving the programme with SCAT - the Scout/Attack which eventually lead to Comanche):

Very slick! I'd only ever seen one Utility picture before, the painting of the Boeing-Sikorsky proposal being overflown by their SCAT.

Now. Who wants to build one? I must say the rotor looks like it should be a little wider.

Those are something we might use

DogfighterZen

Hey guys, don't know if this was previously posted here, i came across this site that should interest a lot of us around here, check it out.
http://www.aeroknow.com/USAFM.htm

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

I love the Super straight winged Sabre ! Very nice. Again, goes back to my love of straight winged tip tanks and jets.

:wub: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise