WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CANSO

zenrat

An amazing build.  But scratchbuilt? (as claimed in the linked page).  Presumably a translation error as the builder says he used parts of left over kits.
Maybe i'm being too pedantic?  It doesn't take anything away from how good it is.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Aragorn

Scratchbuilding: Scratching together left over parts  ;D
"Den Luftraum über See, beherrscht das MFG" (The aerospace over the seas is ruled by the German Navy Air Arm)

NARSES2

I think it's a word that's changed meaning over the years. As more and more kits of previously unheard of types have become available then most "scratchbuilds" are indeed kit bashes unlike in the 60's/70's etc when the term meant using a lot of balsa etc. I tend to be happy with it's current use but perhaps because it's territory incognita as far as I'm concerned - scary  :blink: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aragorn

Don't be scared! It's much easier as it sounds. Back in the early 90ies, when I was still building fire service vehicles, I had to scratch build a lot, and it wasn't that hard.
"Den Luftraum über See, beherrscht das MFG" (The aerospace over the seas is ruled by the German Navy Air Arm)

Dizzyfugu

Now that looks wild and colorful!  :thumbsup:

CANSO

Quote from: zenrat on January 22, 2016, 09:31:15 PM
An amazing build.  But scratchbuilt? (as claimed in the linked page). Presumably a translation error as the builder says he used parts of left over kits.
Maybe i'm being too pedantic?  It doesn't take anything away from how good it is.
I think it's a "lost in translation" problem. In a different model description the same modeler (Diter Bihlmaier) uses the word "kitbash" for a similar creation. Or maybe this was the translator?

More here.
And the next one is called "scratch and bash". ;D ;D.

More models by Dieter Bihlmaier here .

NARSES2

French tank buster is magnificent  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

It sure is ! That's quite the weapon !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Raptormodeller

A raptor with a difference
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  
the worlds ONLY modelling raptor               whow toow speel

Captain Canada

Strange but neat ! I like the nose.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Raptormodeller

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 01, 2016, 03:15:50 AM
Strange but neat ! I like the nose.

Quite right, I think it's a PAVE-low version of the famous Samson helicopter in Avatar. Imagine this in real life, I think there's a resin model on it....
A raptor with a difference
Whiffs are life                                            I found vis on vi intarnat i down noh  
the worlds ONLY modelling raptor               whow toow speel

Caveman

This is a test fit of a model and the fuselage halves have been left on their sides to show the detail but i think this makes it look like come kind of steam/diesel punk aircraft.

secretprojects forum migrant

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

"Mercedes Benz Warsteiner Do335 Silberpfeil"

More here.