WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 01, 2016, 05:50:19 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2016, 03:47:28 AM
Who does a Rufe these days?
The 'Big Book' says for the Rufe in 1/72 scale:

Arba ( a Brit company in resin and was available up to 2000 when the Big Book was published)
Frog (reboxed by Congost [or Revell/Spain], Kikoler [or Revell/Brazil], Revell)
Hasegawa
JoHan
K&K (Russian Vac-form)

Agggh, stupid of me to have forgotten the FROG Rufe, I may still have a 'plastic bagged' version. And I guess the Hase kit was an obvious one to think of too.

Arba have been defunct for quite a while as I recall, I have one of their resin TSR2s and very nice it is too, but it weighs about two tons!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 27, 2016, 07:35:49 AM
This special Arrow is somewhat cool...  :wub:

The covered air intakes look a little odd, but the idea and execution is great. Check the B-52 carrier in Canadian markings, too!  :thumbsup:

Oh lordy, that takes me back! That's from when I built way too many Arrows in too short of a period of time. I never did build the Black Brant XXVIII booster. Hmmmm.

Alvis Pi

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm...?

And then I came across this beauty here:

The nose reminds of a Hunter two-seater? More here: http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/444/Vampires-of-Las-Vegas.aspx

And then there's the gorgeous McDonnell 119/220... Not whif, but...  :wub:

zenrat

Coincidentally ("there are no coincidences" - Robert Anton Wilson) I was reading about the Mystery Jet just the other day.
The paintjob on the one in the pic looks almost like it belongs to zenrat industries...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on May 13, 2016, 04:12:08 AM
Coincidentally ("there are no coincidences" - Robert Anton Wilson) I was reading about the Mystery Jet just the other day.
The paintjob on the one in the pic looks almost like it belongs to zenrat industries...

You mean it doesn't? :blink:

Or is that just the official PDRV line? :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

That's need to know information comrade.
;)

I'm surprised there appears to be no 1/72 mystery jet conversion for the Heller/Airfix Vampire.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

tc2324

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 13, 2016, 01:55:10 AM

And then there's the gorgeous McDonnell 119/220... Not whif, but...  :wub:

Obviously a B-58 Hustler and Boeing 737 could not contain themselves to create that little beauty.  ;D
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

That would be John Payne's work, if I'm not mistaken. A very, very good modeller in my estimation! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Great finds guys. Love the first one.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

There are some folks who build their own Warhammer world using real world models. Kinda "Warhammer double whiffs" ;D. I find some of the creations pretty imaginative. Here is  Da Red Barun's Fighta:

More here.
And here another Ork Fighta in red:

More here.

Dizzyfugu

Not a WH40K fan, but I like the orkified P-40.