WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

ooohh what the ... where the ...  ;D
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

RAFF-35

I don't know either  :lol: there was no back story or anything linked with the image unfortunately
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Madoc

Bless Google's reverse image search function!

http://classicscifi.blogspot.com/2013/04/project-m-7.html

The plane is from "The Net" / "Project M-7" a British movie made back in the 50s.

Cool stuff!  And a great find Raff-35!
Wherever you go, there you are!

jcf

With the step that far back getting unstuck wouldn't happen quickly, if at all.  ;D

Captain Canada

Wicked ! And for sure bless Google's reverse search ! Now I'm off to search for that film  :thumbsup:

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Snowtrooper

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 23, 2016, 09:38:57 AM
With the step that far back getting unstuck wouldn't happen quickly, if at all.  ;D
They could reuse the good ol' "Sunderland manoeuvre", ie. driving a launch or a speedboat perpendicularly across the flying boat's path at the estimated "unsticking" point, hoping that they are not too far away nor get run over by the plane, so that the boat's bow wave breaks the surface tension enough for the overloaded flying boat to break free of suction.

Of course, this trick is lightyears easier to time with a Sunderland versus a supersonic flying boat, whose stall speed is probably at least twice the never-exceed speed of a Sunderland... :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Madoc on June 23, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

I don't know about that, please tell me more.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

I'm no expert, but the step in the hull seems to line up with the CoG, which is what's needed for unsticking, right?
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Madoc

Wherever you go, there you are!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 23, 2016, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: Madoc on June 23, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

I don't know about that, please tell me more.

It is very helpful, i've used that function a few times when i couldn't remember where i'd found some image i'd previously saved. Just drag and drop your image in the browser tab and it finds the site/s on which it is posted.
Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Er, no. Didn't work for me I'm afraid.

All that happens is the image appears in the browser window with the tab title as the address on my own PC where the image is.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 23, 2016, 02:36:54 PM

All that happens is the image appears in the browser window with the tab title as the address on my own PC where the image is.

But did you use the image browser? It only works there.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 23, 2016, 03:28:28 PM

Yes I did.

The bit where it said 'Google' in big letters with the search box underneath vanished and my image appeared. Does it only work with Chrome perhaps?

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: RAFF-35 on June 23, 2016, 12:46:59 PM
I'm no expert, but the step in the hull seems to line up with the CoG, which is what's needed for unsticking, right?

No, the Vulcan undercarriage hinge point is much further forward than where the step is in the pic, and the "load" CoG is more like in the middle of the main wheel bay, the step really should be about there.

See here to see what I mean (note though, I've moved the hinge point back a bit for the project I'm building. You can see I've added an extra wheel bay door hinge point and the small bit of white styrene in the vertical below it is how much I've moved it back):

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 23, 2016, 04:17:17 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 23, 2016, 03:28:28 PM

Yes I did.

The bit where it said 'Google' in big letters with the search box underneath vanished and my image appeared. Does it only work with Chrome perhaps?

Guess you're probably right, i've never done it with the normal version of google. I actually found out about it when i accidentally dragged an image while looking for the F-16U pic i'd saved a few days before. After i realized i could get to said site by doing that i thought of using my file and it worked. Give the Chrome version a go, it's very useful in those situations and the rest of the browser is almost the same. :thumbsup: