WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on February 04, 2017, 08:39:13 PM
I used to watch gophers digging up coal on my parents farm. I doubt they were down very far.

Alvis Pi

I now have this vision of Gophers with tall Stove Pipe hats and names like George S and Isambard !  :o ;D Why on earth would they dig coal up ? Or was it simply a by product of their tunneling ? If the latter then their claws are far, far tougher than I imagined.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

I used to watch gophers digging up coal on my parents farm. I doubt they were down very far.

Alvis Pi

Are gophers easy to train? Could be a new ecological method for coal mining... ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 05, 2017, 06:06:10 AM

Alvis Pi

I now have this vision of Gophers with tall Stove Pipe hats and names like George S and Isambard !  :o ;D Why on earth would they dig coal up ? Or was it simply a by product of their tunneling ? If the latter then their claws are far, far tougher than I imagined.

The top soil around my place is only about 12-18 inches deep, then it's into hard clay (sediment from millions of years ago when a huge inland sea sat over the area) which even using a crowbar to break it up it tough going (I know because I was trying to put in fence posts a few years ago). The gophers (actually ground squirrels) dig down into this clay to get below the frost line during winter. The frost line at my latitude is about 6 feet down.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

So maybe we should train them ?

Cheers mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Alvis 3.14159

Kitnut lives near where I grew up. The coal deposits are really near the surface. My brother worked at a gravel pit nearby and used to see loads of petrified wood rolling along into the crushers. he saved me a couple chunks.

Alvis Pi

zenrat

I'd be scared too if I was about to be crushed...

Coat, hat, outahere...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled upon this Gerry-Anderson-esque F-100 conversion...

63cpe

Great find! it's definately a looker! What a striking scheme! :thumbsup:

David

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Madoc

And that Gerry-Anderson F-100 doesn't even look slightly out of place.  It looks... right..
Wherever you go, there you are!

kerick

I wonder how that would look on the F-107??????
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 07, 2017, 10:31:14 AM
An excellent idea.  :thumbsup:

Yup, but to my mind it would suit French roundels far better for some reason ?

ericr

Captain Canada

Love that F-100 idea ! Now there's one I'd like to see, and fly around the room  ;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]