WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

How about the (massive) Hotellicopter, inspired by the Soviet Mil V-12 helicopter?

More about here: https://www.mbandf.com/en/parallel-world/the-hotelicopter-point-to-point-luxury

Captain Canada

Looks cool and that would be a great way to travel...bloody expensive tho I bet !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Caveman

Ok, so not technically a whif
secretprojects forum migrant

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Haha cool ! Looks like a good port defender...with the way those things can move she'd be hard to hit !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CANSO

Nicely done walker from an Italian site - the other models are very interesting too.

More photos of the above model here.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

It sure is ! Great job. Love the details on it. I thought it was a 'hopper' at first, looked one legged !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Not my type of thing but that is superb work! :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 29, 2017, 01:23:55 PM
It sure is ! Great job. Love the details on it. I thought it was a 'hopper' at first, looked one legged !

Really glad I wasn't the only one ! Didn't post a comment because I thought I was bing daft, or at least dafter than normal  ;)

Mind you I still can't work out how it moves ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 01, 2017, 03:42:14 AM
Mind you I still can't work out how it moves ?

Chicken legs!

Part of the power would come from a dynamic recoil system, partly that rod between the "toe" & the heel, partly an internal (probably coil spring) system.

Can't see enough of what's behind the armour on the "thigh" but your motive system could be one of several types, including electrical or hydraulic mechanisms, or a combination of the two (the lack of a large-enough engine minimises the likelihood of an ICE mechanical system). Also, unless acceleration is of high importance, the mechanism need not be overly large or powerful because the dynamic recoil system could, eventually, build up to quite a significant force.

Note: Chickens, & other flightless birds, have large thigh & calf (leg) muscles to exert high acceleration forces. Once in motion most of their speed comes from the tendons in their feet. Depending on the alloys used this thing could use metals to do the same thing.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

It's a nice scheme on an aircraft I find strangely attractive.

Somewhere I've seen another naval version with folded wings (or wing), can't remember where though  :banghead: