WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Doesn't matter what scheme you paint a Wyvern, it ALWAYS looks awesome!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

martinbayer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 07, 2017, 02:31:31 PM
Doesn't matter what scheme you paint a Wyvern, it ALWAYS looks awesome!  :thumbsup:

Especially if you make it the conjectured jet version... ;D

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

scooter

Whilst googling for something completely different, I present this

Clearly NAA was involved. :D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

That looks cool. What scale is this? I recognize the rear end, but cannot name it... from Ultraman?  :unsure:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

An excellent looking device, and well kit-bashed too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 20, 2017, 04:22:59 AM
That looks cool. What scale is this? I recognize the rear end, but cannot name it... from Ultraman?  :unsure:

No idea.  I was googling for a gag NatGeo cover featuring a nBSG Raptor "found on Mars" when this popped up on Pintrest
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Snowtrooper

Quote from: scooter on July 20, 2017, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 20, 2017, 04:22:59 AM
No idea.  I was googling for a gag NatGeo cover featuring a nBSG Raptor "found on Mars" when this popped up on Pintrest
Not knowing anything about Ultraman, the rear end does look a bit like a scale-o-rama'd Draken to me.

Regarding nBSG, the original intent for the series finale was the Galactica to have crashed accidentally on Earth due to damage suffered in the final battle (instead of being piloted to the Sun by vegetative Anders), and the "200,000 years later" segment would have included archeologists finding the wreck of a Raptor. As filmed, the ending really stretches the logic - as if the nonexistent Plan and an entire episode of talking heads exposition retconning the entire previous series already didn't - since the colonists simply accept Apollo's plan of slow mass suicide by "abandoning technology" without qualms. When they encounter a cave lion or flat-nosed bear without firearms, when the first child dies of tetanus, when it's winter and the tinder and flintstones can't light a fire, etc. they might have second thoughts about dropping all that eevul tech. Oh well. Dropping the series halfway in Season 4 (after the discover Earth and we learn what happened to Ms. Tigh), where it would have ended had the Writers' Guild strike continued at the time, is always an option when rewatching it, that way it remains almost flawless.

The Rat

Quote from: scooter on July 20, 2017, 02:40:48 AM
Whilst googling for something completely different...

And I would say that's exactly what you found!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Dizzyfugu

Ah, I have found the donor basis for the rear end: an "Ultra Hawk" from Ultraman, a modular, Gerry-Anderson-esque design/thing/mecha from a classic kaiju TV series:

There are several Ultrahawk kits around, including a 1:144 Hasegawa kit of the whole thing and kits of the single modules. There's even a massive 1:72 from Fujimi around (57cm long!) - and mating it with a B-70 is almost a natural choice.

FAR148

PR19_Kit

Excellent bit of Photoshopping there. (I think..........)  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Found this while looking for pics of the 'normal' Seamaster'.

And an excellent backstory and build article to go with it here :-

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/planes/box-scale-ep-6d-seamaster/

Regards
Kit

scooter

Another theft from Pintrest.  This one, I think, needs no explanation

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx