WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Well, that's just an illustration of TOS Season 1 Episode 19 "Tomorrow Is Yesterday" ;)

Madoc

Scooter,

That is such a beautiful rendering of that scene.
Wherever you go, there you are!

Dizzyfugu

That's cool. With swimmers, this could also be a concept for a Sheriff/patrol vehicle for the Everglades...?
I'm just not certain about the missiles and their low position...?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Great artwork but a horrifying thought  :banghead:

Hustlers with canards ? Interesting, I swear I've a 1/144 kit somewhere. Always liked the Hustler since I was a kid. It summed up the era and really did look quick  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Tell me about it....  If the day ever were to occur when these were over Moscow it probably would have meant the rest of the planet was already a smoldering mess.

Here's some more artwork. .... Fast, OH YEAH... man this thing is gorgeous.

:wub: :wub:

The canards look oh so right on it. I have one in my stash, as well (1/72) that I was going to make as the trainer version but the transfers don't look like they're going to work...  I could try decal film or coating with laquer or .... I could build a WHIF version with canards like the McCall artwork instead.
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2017, 06:16:16 AM

Hustlers with canards ? Interesting, I swear I've a 1/144 kit somewhere. Always liked the Hustler since I was a kid. It summed up the era and really did look quick  ;D

I have a 1/72 Hustler in the stash, Chris, do you want that to go with your 1/144 version, to create a forced-perspective dio of that painting? ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Great artwork but a horrifying thought  :banghead:...

Especially since, despite knowing better, my brain interprets a city skyline with all those spires as being London...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 09, 2017, 03:06:22 AM

I have a 1/72 Hustler in the stash, Chris, do you want that to go with your 1/144 version, to create a forced-perspective dio of that painting? ;)

No thanks, I'm fine thanks mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

According to a quick search the works of William Wardrop have not been posted here.

The honorable Screaming Pig is a concept for a Japanese troop transport/cargo carrier for the Pacific campaign in 1944. It was designed to be a high speed glider that could get past Allied blockades and fighter cover.
Once the glider was towed into range of its destination the pilot would ignite three Walther rocket motors. With a boost from these rockets which were imported from Germany; this plane could attain speeds of up to 550 mph which would sufficiently outrun most of the U.S. fighters of the day.
Unfortunetly, the power only lasted three minutes and then the speed dropped to gliding speed of 200 mph, making it a sitting duck! The fuel for the rocket motors was no prize ether being the deadly Tstoff and Zstoff it would blow up if handled wrong or right or just looked at in a funny way. The name for this one is from the noise three Walther motors make when running; a sort of a whinning scream. the blunt nose and fat Betty bomber body.
The plan was to tow the Pigs behind Betty bombers and when near the drop zone unhook and glide until spotted by the enemy then light the rockets and zoom in for a fast landing on the target dump the troops and run for cover before the damn thing exploded!.

This steam-powered vehicle was built in 1889 by French entomologists working with the theory that the wing-size to body-mass ratio makes flight for insects impossible. Upon startup it was found out immediatelty that the theory was indeed correct; insects can not fly. The vibration of their wings however, generates a spherical field of extradimentional energy that shifts matter in the space-time continuum allowing them a full range of effortless movement. In essence: the insect remains still and the world moves around it.

Lots more here.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

That pig is something else!!! Looks like wings and some rockets slapped onto a space capsule.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Found on Pinterest, quite by chance:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/11399805280046115/

The page says it was pinned from Swanny's Models.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones