WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

here's another interesting find, an AWACS version of the Sukhoi SSJ100.
i might have to build this one as a model  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

chrisonord

I like the look of that. Looks like most of a convair hustler would go into building that
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 13, 2018, 07:46:08 PM

SNCASO SO4070 Minerve and how to build it (in French).   :thumbsup:

Cor, tres magnifique!  :wub:

It could ONLY be French, couldn't it? I wonder why it has two different sizes of engines though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Lovely scratchbuild! Respect!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2018, 03:38:18 AM

Cor, tres magnifique!  :wub:

It could ONLY be French, couldn't it? I wonder why it has two different sizes of engines though.

My thoughts exactly Kit and it also could only be of the period. As for the engines my first thoughts were the ones on the wings were ramjets ? Also so of the period.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

That is very good work indeed... that thing would have some kind of periscope for the pilot, right?
Had the same thoughts about the engines, but that the bigger engine could be the ramjet, don't know if that makes sense, though...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 14, 2018, 06:22:12 AM
That is very good work indeed... that thing would have some kind of periscope for the pilot, right?
Had the same thoughts about the engines, but that the bigger engine could be the ramjet, don't know if that makes sense, though...

Yes to both. A pilot's periscope is again of the period, especially as it hasn't got a "droop snoot". Had the same thought about the large engine myself, but then thought the other 2 didn't look big enough to be the main source of thrust ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Smaller engines are jettisonable ramjets, the big one a regular jet for cruise (from the build history).  <_<
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 14, 2018, 06:27:52 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 14, 2018, 06:22:12 AM

Yes to both. A pilot's periscope is again of the period, especially as it hasn't got a "droop snoot". Had the same thought about the large engine myself, but then thought the other 2 didn't look big enough to be the main source of thrust ?

Quote from: loupgarou on January 14, 2018, 07:16:10 AM
Smaller engines are jettisonable ramjets, the big one a regular jet for cruise (from the build history).  <_<

Clarified that, thanks. :thumbsup:
I was thinking the wing engines would be the normal jets to get it up to supersonic speeds and then the big ramjet would take over.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Was it a real project or did the guy imagineer it himself?

If the former, I'm not surprised in the slightest and if the latter, RESPECT, as Dizzy said.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2018, 08:14:47 AM
Was it a real project or did the guy imagineer it himself?

If the former, I'm not surprised in the slightest and if the latter, RESPECT, as Dizzy said.  :thumbsup:

Le SNCASO SO4070, monoplace delta triréacteur de classe Mach3, conçu dans le cadre du programme Minerve (qui aboutira au Mirage IV), partait sur une approche radicalement différente à celle de Dassaut. Réduit au minimum, il s'appuyait sur un guidage depuis le sol et une configuration monoplace, ou le pilote était réduit au role de convoyeur pour le vol retour.

Beaucoup plus petit que son concurrent GAMD, il s'agissait d'une config delta à voilure tres mince, un train monotrace avec deux balancines rétractables, un réacteur ATAR et deux Stato-réacteur montés dans des pods éjectables sous voilure.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

For those of us who don't speak French (translation errors by Google Translate):

QuoteThe SNCASO SO4070, a single-seat delta trijet class Mach3, designed as part of the Minerve program (which will lead to the Mirage IV), was based on a radically different approach to that of Dassaut. Reduced to a minimum, it relied on guidance from the ground and a single-seat configuration, where the pilot was reduced to the role of conveyor for the return flight.

Much smaller than its competitor GAMD, it was a very thin delta wing configuration, a single-track train with two retractable balancines, an ATAR reactor and two Stato-Reactors mounted in pods ejected under wing.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on January 14, 2018, 09:59:32 AM
For those of us who don't speak French (translation errors by Google Translate):

QuoteThe SNCASO SO4070, a single-seat delta trijet class Mach3, designed as part of the Minerve program (which will lead to the Mirage IV), was based on a radically different approach to that of Dassaut. Reduced to a minimum, it relied on guidance from the ground and a single-seat configuration, where the pilot was reduced to the role of conveyor for the return flight.

Much smaller than its competitor GAMD, it was a very thin delta wing configuration, a single-track train with two retractable balancines, an ATAR reactor and two Stato-Reactors mounted in pods ejected under wing.

Merci beaucoup.  ;)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on January 14, 2018, 07:16:10 AM

Thank you sir  :thumbsup:

It's something I think of as so typically French from that period.