WHIFS found while Google-ing

Started by Spey_Phantom, March 23, 2010, 01:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

wow!   that looks like something that swam through the primordial seas  :o
and soo cool to see it fly
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

That's awesome.  Thanks for the link H.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

Fascinating.........   On one hand I could be upset someone would " desecrate " such a thing.   But, on the other hand, looking deeper into the potential "meaning" of how awesome it would be if we were at such an advanced state that a space shuttle could be as common as, mundane as, and accessible as a freight train in order for this to happen is a more interesting thought about what could be. Therefore... very cool.  :mellow: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Heh, yeah: bored and deliquent kids solar-sailing over to it from the nearby space colony to play in it and vandalise it, then being chased off by a cop on a little blue 'space scooter'... ;D

I like the fact that one bit of the graffiti says "Houston, we are the problem..." ;D

More generally, neglected gate-guardians or other public-display hardware is a rich source of poignant diorama-fodder.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

loupgarou

I am so old that the first thing I thought of was a plaster-encased arm or leg signed by friends. I suppose it was done in the UK and colonies too?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Quote from: loupgarou on April 28, 2018, 01:15:25 PM
I am so old that the first thing I thought of was a plaster-encased arm or leg signed by friends. I suppose it was done in the UK and colonies too?

Its done in the States...I know, I had my arm once encased in plaster.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Hell yes! Both times I broke my right foot the casts on my leg were littered with rude messages!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on April 28, 2018, 09:50:56 AM
...More generally, neglected gate-guardians or other public-display hardware is a rich source of poignant diorama-fodder.

I have a heap of photos the real Captain Fat hamster sent me from TieRaq (as he likes to call it) of the boneyards where they dragged all the dead Iraqi tanks and aircraft.  All of them are covered in graffiti put there by coalition Servicemen.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on April 28, 2018, 01:15:25 PM

Very much so. Indeed if you were at school when you broke your limb the first thing the teacher would do on your return to class was line the entire class up so they could sign it  ;D Probably fall foul of health and safety now  :-\

Only ever broke my ribs (twice) whilst at school. Actually to be accurate someone else broke them for me  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 13, 2018, 07:46:08 PM

SNCASO SO4070 Minerve and how to build it (in French).   :thumbsup:

I found myself re-looking at this wonderful machine today, and being boggled at the build process. Superb work.

But when I got right to the end, in the very last pic, he's posed the lovely Minerve next to what I thought was a Mirage IV at first glance.

But it's not, it's a Mirage IVB for goodness sake! Lengthened nose (a bit of TSR2 in there?) a much taller fin etc. etc.

Being a hard over Mirage IV fan I just LOVE this one!  :wub:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

I believe the word I'm looking for is 'stunning'. Yeah, that's it.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheChronicOne

Magnificent, the both of them! 
-Sprues McDuck-

Madoc

Wow!  He did that "old school" and did it quite well.  Excellent results there!
Wherever you go, there you are!