WHIFs "à la française"...

Started by rafi, March 27, 2010, 03:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafi

Hi guys,

Whifs models you can find in french language forums...

French navy Mitsubishi Mu-2J (FN)

Finnish Rafale...

Israeli Rafale...

Indonesian Rafale...

Italian Rafale...

French navy A4M...

RAF 2027 Tempest

French F/A-18C (FN)...

Luft46 BV P192.01...

Japanese-Australian F32...

Rafi

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Love the Rafales (Finnish and Indonesian in particular).  :wub: That Blohm & Voss-ish beast is just wild. :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Rat

As a proud former ramp rat I've always hated Hirohito's Revenge, but for some perverse reason my favourite is that Mu-2.  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sentinel Chicken

That Mu-2 is awesome. Put that up at a model show and you'd have a bunch of folks assume it was "real".

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Sentinel Chicken on March 27, 2010, 08:53:14 AM
That Mu-2 is awesome. Put that up at a model show and you'd have a bunch of folks assume it was "real".

And the JMNs would be complaining that the flotille markings were the wrong size for that particular date.  -_-
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Cliffy B

Awesome builds!  I'm loving the Finnish and Israeli Rafales the most.  They 1/48?  Any details on that Finnish camo scheme?  I'm really liking the color combo and am interested if that's based on a real scheme or completely dreamed up.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

rafi

The israeli is 1:48 (Revell) but the finnish is 1:72 (Hobby Boss).

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

JJC

i'm being completely blonde but what is a JMN?

lol :rolleyes:
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy B

Quote from: JJC on March 27, 2010, 02:04:02 PM
i'm being completely blonde but what is a JMN?

lol :rolleyes:

JMN = Joyless Modeling Nazi  IE a detail whore that can't accept anything but 100% accuracy in all models.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

dragon

Honestly I was never worried about French "Whiffers".  After all, it was a French man who invented "What If?".  His name was Jules Verne, and the world has never been the same since.  I hope the same for this site in stamping out JMNs.
:cheers:

PS.  I do like that Tempest.  However it would have looked a lot better in French Navy markings, at least in my opinion.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST